Søren Christensen Vejrum - Looking for parents

Startet af Lindy46, 07 Sep 2020 - 16:16

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lindy46

I've hit a dead-end with my 3rd great grandfather. He is most likely born in Vejrum,  Viborg, as he is referred to as Søren Christensen Vejrum in most records. He moves to Norha,  Hundborg where he is married twice, first to Inger Marie Simonsdatter and then to my ggggrandmother Maren Nielsdatter Høy. He spends the rest of his life there. He has 4 children with Inger and 6  children with Maren. None of his relatives are sponsors or godparents for his children which leads me to believe he is not from Norha. Census records and death record indicate he was born 1753-1755. There are no children listed as born in in Vejrum,  Viborg during that time period. There is a Søren Christensen born in 1748 to a Christen Sørensen Levring but the child dies in 1749. There are two other Søren Christensens confirmed in Vejrum in 1767 and 1768 but no birth records in the appropriate time frame. I know there is a Vejrum in Rinkobing but I haven't found him there. Any help determining his birthplace and parents would be appreciated.

Britta Hansen

Thisted, Hundborg, Nørhaa, Nørhå, , 47, FT-1801, b6096
Navn:    Alder:    Status:    Stilling i familien:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Søren Christensen Wejrum     46     Gift     mand     huusmand med jord og skoemager      
Inger Marie Simonsdatter     44     Gift     hans kone           
Chresten Sørensen     12     Ugift     deres barn           
Hans     7     Ugift     deres barn           
Ane Marie     8     Ugift     deres barn           
Maren     5     Ugift     deres barn           
Else Jensdatter     69     Enke(mand)     konens moder     får sit ophold her     

Thisted, Hundborg, Nørhaa, Nørhaae Bye, et Huus, 6, FT-1834, C8211
Peiter Andersen     33     Gift          Huusmand, lever af sin Jordlod      
Maren Nielsdatter     50     Gift          hans Kone      
Ane Sørensdatter     15     Ugift          deres Børn      
Simon Sørensen     12     Ugift          deres Børn      
Inger Kirstine Sørensdatter     12     Ugift          deres Børn      
Ane Kirstine Johansdatter     19     Ugift          Skræderpige     
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

britta.hansen12@gmail.com

Lindy46

Yes I've seen these. Søren dies in 1828 and my ggggrandmother remarries the same year, to Peiter Anderssen. The children are not his, they are Søren's.

Britta Hansen

I show census data to inform other helpers.

Who is this Søren Christensen?
Thisted, Hundborg, Nørhaa, Nørhaae Bye, , 31, FT-1787, B2661
Anders Nielsen     43     Gift     mand     Bonde og huusmand      
Anne Christensdatter     31     Gift     hans kone           
Niels Andersen     0     -     deres søn           
Søren Christensen     34     ugift          Skomager og afskediget gevorben      
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

Lindy46

Yes,  this is him. He is still unmarried and living in Nørhaa.

Lindy46

I've added profiles for all of Søren's children on Wikitree. Unfortunately since he is not from Nørhå, all of the godparents and witnesses are from the wives' side of the family or from close to Nørhå. There is a witness to Anne Marie's birth, a Jens Christensen from Tadbøle. Not sure where Tadbøle is.

Ole Selmer

Hi Lindy

And welcome to Find Your Relatives in Denmark, I hope you will get help here tracing your Danish ancestors. Have you seen this excellent Introduction by the society's president Kirsten Sanders?

One of the ways to find a place in Denmark is Krabsens stednavnebase, but searching for Tadbøl returned zero matches, but Todbøl did in the neighbouring parish Kallerup, so Jens Christensen was local too.

In the 1787 census Søren stayed with Anders Nielsen and Anne Christensdatter; could she be at sister? I tried to find the birth of their son Niels Andersen in Nørhå, but without any luck. Do you know anything about that family? It strikes me, that I can´t find the baptism of the little boy and also that his age is set to 0 - normally it would be 1 for children less than 1 year.

Unfortunately, WikiTree is not much used in Denmark, and there is a lot of Søren Christensen at WikiTree. He was difficult to find, but as I think one of the benefits from the free WikiTree is that you can show all you know about the person you are searching with a simple link, therefore Søren Christensen. Another benefit is that you can collaborate on a profile, so I will clean up in your sources.

Mvh/Brgds
Ole
Venlig hilsen

Ole Selmer
Tjek gerne mit klikbare træ

Inger Toudal

Citat fra: Ole Selmer Dato 10 Sep 2020 - 22:50

In the 1787 census Søren stayed with Anders Nielsen and Anne Christensdatter; could she be at sister? I tried to find the birth of their son Niels Andersen in Nørhå, but without any luck.
Do you know anything about that family? It strikes me, that I can´t find the baptism of the little boy and also that his age is set to 0 - normally it would be 1 for children less than 1 year.

1787 Census: https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/cid263463 - see Original Source (son's age not mentioned in census)

Anders Nielsen and Anne Christensdatter had a son Niels, born 8 Dec. 1784:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17125452#167151,28068292 - right page, bottom

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Britta Hansen

The mother is called Anne Christensdatter Kudsk. She died on April 20, 1794 - right page - first person. She was born Feb 26, 1757 to Christen Kudsk and Mette Christensdatter - left page - first baptism in 1757.
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

Ole Selmer

Yes; of course Inger! I didn't check the original source :( But no Søren Christensen as godfather for Niels. I just ran through the godfathers at Søren Christensen children's baptism - no Kudsk either. I think we might forget Anne Christensdatter here?

Mvh/Brgrds

Ole
Venlig hilsen

Ole Selmer
Tjek gerne mit klikbare træ

Lindy46

Yes,  l don't think Anne Christensdatter is any relation to Søren. I checked other children of Christen Kudsk but didn't find a
Søren. Not sure the connection between Søren and Anders Nielsen family. Perhaps just a boarder.