Hollandske kedelforere

Startet af Katherine, 23 Jun 2020 - 11:03

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Katherine

Hello, everybody,
Who can help me with Danish stories about the Hollandske kedelforere I am looking for descendants of the Dutch copper traders who can tell me more about their ancestors. Special stories.
I'm working on a large research and book about this special history of the  Hollandske kedelforere had a monopoly on all copper goods in Denmark. Many Dutch people married Danish women and have many descendants.
Who can help me with beautiful special stories?

Thanks Katherine

John Damm Sørensen

Hello Kathrine,

Here is a newspaper article explaining somthing about the Dutch "kobberførere"=people selling copper products. They originated from Brabrant in The Netherlands.
http://www2.statsbiblioteket.dk/mediestream/avis/record/doms_aviser_page%3Auuid%3A136ce981-0876-46ec-978e-90fd758f3fb9/query/kedelf%C3%B8rere

On page 15 in this book it is stated that Danish authorities in 1753 should look out for "kobberførere" that were not Danish citizens=(might mean persons permitted to trade copper).
http://www5.kb.dk/e-mat/dod/130020101041.pdf

Best
John

Peder Sørensen

hey
the copper salesmen

a short passage in a story told too the danish national museum in the 1950es
"Horsens - erindringer,   Ni fortællinger fra byens liv1865-1925"
page 16
In Horsens were the headoffice for the coppermerchant in Jylland.
one of the kings had for abt 300 years ago given the hollandishe monopol on all  trade with copper
The people had the order not to be merried, but they had som unlegal children ,
who got the monopol after their farther.
The last of the family were Fritz van der Reyt, a big stong man, he rebilded the old house placed on Nørregade to a very fine house,  Horsens Blyvalseværk (lead presseng firm), wich  there was in connection with the copper trade.

so get in tuch with Horsens museum.
regards Peder

Sebastian Bruun

Have a look at the historical / archaeological magazin Skalk. www.skalk.dk

In 3/1990 is a long article about the story of the Dutch copperware resellers.  Unfortunately in Danish..