Help with property records

Startet af Matthew Dent, 07 Jul 2020 - 00:57

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Matthew Dent

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to learn how to navigate the various property records, in particular the Realregistre, skøde- and panteprotokoller, and I was wondering if I could get some help. I am looking for two properties:

1. Brohus, Stae, Vester Hassing sogn

I would like to find out who owned this particular piece of property, and maybe what happened to it (some relatives lived here for a little while around 1890).

The property that was called Brohus first appears in the 1890 census (https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billedviser?bsid=59160#59160,12169895). There are two buildings, one owned(?) by Ane Kirstine Kristensdatter and the other by Marinus Frandsen. No such property seems to exist in any prior census. Looking at the map of Stae for 1856-1893 (https://hkpn.gst.dk/mapviewer.aspx?type=o2k_oekort&id=25567&elav=0601453) I also do not see the property, but it does appear in the next set of maps (https://hkpn.gst.dk/mapviewer.aspx?type=o2k_oekort&id=25570&elav=0601453). It looks to me like the property that was labeled matrikel 2a was split, and Brohus occupies number 2l (that is lowercase L) afterwards.

I think maybe I've found the entry in the realregistre (https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=27910#27910,3002178) but I cannot understand anything that the document is trying to tell me so I don't know where to go from here.

2. Kagløs, Vester Hassing

The other property I was interested is a farm called Kagløs. I know that today it is called Skovlund and sits at Øster hassing vej 106. An ancestor of mine, Lars Peter Pedersen, lived there for a long time - around 1840 until he died in 1884. I would love to know what happened to the property, who owned it, etc. It had the matrikel number 120a.

Again, I think I found it in the realregistre but I have no idea what any of it means (https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=27910#27910,3001986).

If anyone knows anything about how to navigate these, and what some of the terms mean (like adkomster and hæftelser, for example - the dictionary wasn't much help). It would be much appreciated.
- Matthew

Ole Westermann

Ouestion 1.
The house was a part of "Elleren" owned by different people, and Ane Kirstine Kristensdatter was a 'husfæster'  i.e. a tenant.
- So she was never an owner of the house.
    -------------
Aalborg, Kær, Vester Hassing, Stae, et Hus, 6, FT-1860, C9092
Niels Poulsen     67     Gift     Husfæster, Husfader          Ulsted Sogn, Aalborg Amt 
Ane Kirstine Christensdatter     61     Gift     hans Kone          Hals Sogn, Aalborg Amt 
Ane Nielsdatter     27     Ugift     deres Datter          Vesterhassing Sogn, Aalborg Amt 
Niels Ovesen     1     Ugift     Plejebarn          Vesterhassing Sogn, Aalborg Amt 
Poul Ovesen     1     Ugift     Plejebarn          Vesterhassing Sogn, Aalborg Amt
   ------------
Aalborg, Kær, Vester Hassing, Stae, Ellerens Fæstehus i Stae by, 265, FT-1870, A1666
Ane Kirstine Kristensen     70     enke     husmoder     husmoder     Hals sogn, Ålborg amt. 
Kristen Nielsen     45     ugift     søn     Jordbruger     Ulsted sogn, Ålborg amt. 
Niels Ovesen     10     ugift     plejesøn     Dreng     Stae, Vester Hassing sogn, Ålborg amt. 
   ------------
Aalborg, Kær, Vester Hassing, Stae By, Vesterhassing Sogn., 1 Huus., 293, FT-1880, A8847
Anne Kirsten Christensen     81     enke          Fæster.     Hals Sogn, Aalborg Amt. 
Chresten Nielsen     55     ugift     hendes Søn.     Avlsbruger.     Ulsted Sogn, Aalborg Amt. 
Jens Pedersen     9     ugift          Pleiesøn.     Horsens Sogn, Aalborg Amt.
   -------------
Aalborg, Kær, Vester Hassing, Vesterhassing, Stae, Brohuset, 4, FT-1890, D2917
Ane Kirstine Kristensdatter     90     Enke     Husmoder     Husfæster     Hals Sogn, Aalborg Amt 
Kresten Nielsen     64     Ugift               Ulsted Sogn, Aalborg Amt 
Ane Andersdatter     54     Enke     Tyende          Dronninglund Sogn, Hjørring Amt 
Lars Peter Jensen     6     Ugift     Barn          Horsens Sogn, Aalborg Amt 

mvh Ole

Ole Westermann

Question 2.
Adkomster - rights for possession (the owners)
1. Under Langholt Gods (Estate)
2. Christian Christensen, skøde (title deed) dat. ... 1885
3. Kirstine Hansen, do from Chr. Christensn, dat. 28.10.1910
4. etc...

Hæftelser - mortgages, bank loans/guarantees, pensioner contracts etc
1. Debenture/bond mortgage dat. 20. May 1842 to the estate Langholt
    1.April 1881 N.P.Ahlmann at Langholt farms out for 5 years the farm to Christen Christensen
...etc - so while Lars Peter Pedersen lived there, the owner was the estate Langholt.

Matthew Dent

Thank you, I think I'm understanding it then. So, "Adkomster" is essentially a list of the actual property owners, while "Hæftelser" is just a list of payments made regarding the property?
- Matthew

Ole Westermann

Yes, that's right, Matthew.

Ole

Matthew Dent

I appreciate the help. Thank you!
- Matthew