Who are parents to Wilhelm August Christian Walther born in Boizenburg, Germany

Startet af Anne Skaarup, 28 Maj 2020 - 15:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Anne Skaarup

Hi, could any help searching parents to Wilhelm August Christian Walther, born in Boizenburg, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany 15 December 1824 (info from FT-1906).
When Wilhelm Walther is 17 year, he is coming to Denmark. He is married (3. marriage) to Laura Regine Møller. He dies in Copenhagen 29 April Copenhagen. They have one child Lisette Walther.

A funny thing is, that Regine has been married with a man named Johannes Leopold Walther and has two sons (Thorleif and Hakon Viggo) with him. I canot find the relationship between the two Walther-men (if any).   
Kind regards
Anne Skaarup

Niels Just Rasmussen

Citat fra: Anne Skaarup Dato 28 Maj 2020 - 15:24
A funny thing is, that Regine has been married with a man named Johannes Leopold Walther and has two sons (Thorleif and Hakon Viggo) with him. I canot find the relationship between the two Walther-men (if any).   
Kind regards
Anne Skaarup

I cannot help with Boizeburg as you need to have access to archion.de

The "other Walther" is Johan Leopold Walther and he is according to the Census 1860 and 1870 from the estate [census 1860 says "adelige gods"] in Holstein called Kniphagen.
Census 1860: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS21-R7FN?i=524&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQLDH-4XZB
Census 1870: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CS21-R2G4?i=969&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AQL8P-C6MZ

Kniphagen - Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kniphagen,+23744+Sch%C3%B6nwalde+am+Bungsberg,+Germany/@54.1002648,10.9499383,8.75z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1skniphagen!3m4!1s0x47b27bd5acdcf5d7:0x828527b2629cf34b!8m2!3d54.1736137!4d10.7863426

Anne Skaarup

Hi Niels. Thank you for searching and the information of where Johan Leopold have lived. Also thank you for the map, nice to know, where the person "belongs". Best regards Anne Skaarup

Anja L

Hello,

Had to reply to the statement about Holstein, Germany.
The history of Holstein is complicated, however, genealogist should be more precise as far as the nationality and/or ethnicity of their ancestors is concerned.
I want to point out that in 1824, the Monarch was still the Danish King, despite Holstein's membership in the German Confederation. The population of Holstein was of danish as well as germanic ethnicity.

(The German Confederation itself was not entirely populated by Germans; many people of other ethnic groups lived within its borders. The same is true for the Holy Roman Empire, which was a confederation of a multi-ethnic complex of territories).

Thus, it would have been more precise to say, Boizenburg, Schleswig-Holstein or Boizenburg, Schleswig-Holstein, what is today Germany.

Happy Researching.

Bjarke Thyrrestrup

Hi Anne,

I found the parents to your Wilhelm August Christian Walther.
Attached you will find a 'snapshot' of the entry in the parish register.

Kind regards
Bjarke

Anne Skaarup

Hej Bjarke
Tak for svar, har først set dit svar nu, som jeg er meget taknemmelig for.
Kan du fortælle, hvor, du har søgt og kommet ind i rette kirkebog?
Hilsen
Anne 

Bjarke Thyrrestrup

Hej Anne,

Jeg fandt det på www.archion.de, som jeg var inde på i anden anledning.
Det er en betalingshjemmeside, hvor det billigste pt. er en måned for EUR 19,40.

www.archion.de
vælg: Norddeutschland: Landeskirchliches Archiv der Evang.-Luth. Kirche
vælg: Kirchenkreis Mecklenburg
vælg: Boizenburg
vælg: Taufen 1818-1836
vælg: Billede nr. 48

Mvh
Bjarke

Anne Skaarup

Tusind tak.
Så kan jeg komme lidt videre med de tyske aner.
Hilsen
Anne