Anton M. Jensen brother of Mads Frederik Jensen?

Startet af Julie Watts, 17 Jul 2013 - 00:05

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Julie Watts

Thank you to all the ladies who sent me info on Anton M. Jensen. I really appreciate it.

Lissa, I don't know what document you used to find that Mads is the brother of Anton.  The link you sent me was all in Danish.  It looked to be a short biography of Mads but I couldn't tell if there is a link to Anton.  Could you help me?  It would really be great if L. Fulton (Amer. ambassador to Denmark) was a disttant cousin of mine.

1860 Census Skanderborg Norre Snede

Anton Marius Jensen b.1859   Norre Snede Sogn, Skanderborg Amt.

Parents
Jens Jensen 46y Ormslev, Aahus Amt.
Ane Kirstine Madsen 30y Oster Nykirke Sogn, Vejle Amt.

Anders Jensen 16y (half brother?) Klovborg Sogn, Skanderborg Amt.
Hans Chr. Sorensen 4y Oster Nykirke Sogn, Vejle Amt. (related even though he has a different last name?)

According to Anton's obituary he had one surviving brother (unnamed) living in Denmark.  I'm trying to find out if I have any living relatives in Denmark.  I'm traveling there in Aug.  How do I find out if Anton's father Jens Jensen had a farm (in Norre Snede?) that might still exist?

Thank you,  Julie Watts

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Julie,

From:  http://www.denstoredanske.dk/Dansk_Biografisk_Leksikon/Samfund,_jura_og_politik/Administration_og_ledelse/Husmandsleder/Mads_Frederik_Jensen-Aale I have this:

Forældre: husmand og arbejdsmand Jens Jensen (1814–83) og Ane Kirstine Madsdatter (1829–1915). Navneforandring 4.8.1933. Gift 19.2.1892 i Hvirring med Hansine Kirstine Marie Pedersen, født 24.5.1868 i Rask, Hvirring sg., død 7.6.1961 i Tørring sg., d. af arbejdsmand Peder Simonsen (1824–82) og Kirstine Marie Hansdatter (1826–1906).

Parents: Smallholder and laborer Jens Jensen (1814-83) and Ane Kirstine Madsdatter (1829-1915). Change of name 4 Aug 1933. Married 19 Feb 1892 in Hvirring to Hansine Kirstine Marie Pedersen, born 24 May 1868 in Rask, Hvirring parish, dead 7 June 1961 in Tørring parish, daughter of laborer Peder Simonsen (1824-82) and Kirstine Marie Hansdatter (1826-1906).

Anton Marius Jensen and Mads Frederik Jensen-Aale have the same parents.

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Julie,

You could write Laurie S. Fulton, as I know from the papers etc. that she is in contact with and has visited family in Denmark when being the ambassador in Denmark. Google her and find her law office in Washington DC, if she is still working.

You will find the birth of Mads Frederik Jensen on Arkivalieronline. Born 6 June 1865 in Nørre Snede parish, Skanderborg county, opslag 41 (1856-1867) to Jens Jensen and Ane Kirstine Madsen, 36 yrs old. Also mentioned change of name in 1933 to Jensen-Aale. The family lived in Leret.

The birth of Anton Marius Jensen you will find in same book, opslag 17, born 20 April 1859 to Jens Jensen and Ane Kirstine Madsen, 30 yrs old. Cannot read where they lived, something like Vengborg Mark?

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Hans Chr. Sørensen was born in Øster Nykirke parish, Vejle county on 6 March 1856, opslag 20 1851-1859), to Ane Kirstine Madsen. Alleged father Søren Laursen or Lauritsen. So, Ane Kirstine had this son before marrying Jens Jensen.

Lissa

StenVedelJensen

Hi
I have just been member on this site today.
If it still interests you, I have a little knowledge about the family of Mads Jensen-Aale.
Mads and Hansine had 7 children.
Jens 1892-1969, Marie (died at birth), Harald 1895-1960 (my grandfather), Marie 1896-, Anna 1898-, Sigrid 1900- and Frida 1912-1979.
Jens and Olga had 6 children. Norma (Laurie's mother), Leslie, Robert, Ruth, Gladys and Roy.
Harald and Else had 11 children. Ellen, Signe, Gerda, Inger, Thorkild, Anna, Evald, Bent, Ejlif, Herdis and Knud (Knud is my father).
Marie and Anna had no children.
Sigrid and Oscar had 3 children. Tove, one died) and Bjarne.
Frida and Møller Nielsen had 2 children. Jeff and Jette.

Sten