Home christen with Church Confirmation

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 18 Jun 2011 - 18:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

On opslag 82 in the 1715-1786 Hundborg-Jannerup Hundborg Thisted register entry #14 contains the following:

Danish:
Ao 1739
14-d: 13dn Septebr er Daniel Jensen og Karen Nielsdatters
Datter Daab i Janderup kirke confirmeret, da In??
efter fødselen ?? ?? Krøkeigsed war ??
hiemmen døbt d: 30te Aug og kaldet SIDEL. Christen
Østergaards kone i Sejstrup i Sønderhaae Sogn bar Barnet
Feddere war: Peder Østergaard ibid. Christen Ladefogt af
Faddersbøl, Hans Christensen Grønheim, Kirsten Niels
datter af Sejstrup og Anne Hansdatter. Kone introd: die 18 Octobr

I have made an attempt to transcribe the Danish but need help in several areas. Would someone review my attempt and make corrections as needed and provide the Danish for the ??

I made an English translation based on what I have transcribed and what I believe the ?? might be saying.
It appears there may have been concern about the survival of the child and therefore she was christened at home and that it was later confirmed in the Janderup church.

English:

Year 1739

No 14- On the 13th of September the christening of the daughter of Daniel Jensen and Karen Nielsdatter was confirmed in the Janderup church. The child was christened at home after birth on the 30th of August and named SIDEL. Christen Østergaard's wife from Sejstrup in Sønderhaae Sogn presented the child. The witnesses were: Peder Østergaard, ibid. Christen Ladefogt from Faddersbøl, Hans Christensen Grønheim, Kirsten Nielsdatter from Sejstrup and Anne Hansdatter.

The wife was reintroduced to the church on the 18th of October.

Correct me if I am wrong...Thank you.

A followup addition:

Her death is recorded in the 1787-1802 Hundborg-Jannerup Hundborg Thisted opslag 5 pg 3 right column

I believe her spouse's name is given there. Could you also provide me with a full Transcription of this entry?

My Attempt:Ao 1788
D: 12 Martÿ ?ø?det i Janderup kirkegaard Sidsel Danielsdatter. Jens ?? kone, gl 50

Again thank you for your assistance....
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Ralph Rasmussen

I read:

14. d 15de Septemb: Er Daniel Jensens og Karen Nielsdatters
Daaters Daab i Jannerup Kirke Confirmeret, da det strax
efter fødselen formedelst Skrøbelighed var bleven
Hiemme Døbt d 30te Aug: og Kaldet Sidsel; Christen
Østergaards Kone i Jestrup i Sønderhaae Sogn bar Barnet.
Faddere war: Peder Østergaard ibid. Christen Ladefoget af
Faddersbøl, Hans Christensen Grønkier, Kirsten Niels
datter af Jesstrup og Anne Hansdatter. Konen introd: die 18 Octobr

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

I also read:

D: 12 Martÿ jordet i Janderup kirkegaard Sidsel Danielsdatter. Jens Andersens kone, gl 50

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Ralph, your input provided clarification and gave me an additional generation.

Ralph Rasmussen

It gets a little more complicated.

I searched for Daniel's marriage and very likely found a previous marriage, to Sidsel Pedersdatter, a widow, in 1727.  That is Hundborg 1715-1786, opslag 229.

Try as I might with Family Search, I do not have a date or place for his marriage to Karen Nielsdatter, or a Karen Nielsdatter married in Thisted amt in this period.

Sidsel was buried in 1737, opslag 147, May 9th.  That seems to give a fairly narrow window for his second marriage.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Inge-Lise Nielsen

Daniel Jensen and Karen Nielsdatter are married in the church of Sønderhaa in 1738.

Reference: Sønderhaa 1696-1787 entry 61.

Kind regards,

Inge-Lise Nielsen

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Ralph and Inge-Lise

Try as I might I have a difficult time finding entries. So when you locate information and provide it above and beyond what is asked for we really appreciate the help.

For example, I have a family that I am seeking christening records for now in the 1730-1750 time frame in Nors-Tved Thisted area. I have not found all of the names but I will continue to search. So I may be back to ask for help from someone as the records are blended and somewhat difficult to read.

The family is the Anders Andersen/Karen Jensdatter family. I have The following children:
1) Anders ch: 6 Sep 1733 (found)
2) Johanne ch: 13 Aug 1735 (found)
3) Jens abt 1737
4) Dorthe abt 1743
5) Else abt 1747 and
6) Søren Christian abt 1749 or 1750.

I am seeking information on the last 4 children.

But again, thank you for your help on the other issue....

Ralph Rasmussen

Transcription is one of those things, but here are three of the entries.

Jens, Tved 1735-1761, opslag 120 near the bottom; Dorthe 126 (9 Maj); Else Kathrine, opslag 136 (Omnium Sanctorum - 1 November).

Up to 1753 I did not see Søren Christian.

You probably need new threads for the reading of each of these three.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Ralph for the references. I was able to make my way through all of them except the first and it is so light that I don't think any one can read it.

I did find a Søren Christian but I am going to make it a new thread as there is a problem with it.

Again thank you for your help....