Help in Tønder parish

Startet af Marlon Henvit, 08 Jan 2020 - 23:18

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Marlon Henvit

I am researching my ancestor Elsabe Marina Hanses. Another researcher states she was born in Tønder in 1712, baptized 23 March 1712. I can not find that record. I am wondering if someone can direct me there? Her husband was Hans Andresen Bossen 1705 and died 1776 in Tønder. I have found those records.

Any help would be appreciated

Marlon Henvit
Mesquite, Nevada USA

Ebbe Thygesen

The four last lines on the left side of the page.

http://ao.salldata.dk/vis1.php?bsid=202734&side=337

Best regards, Ebbe

Marlon Henvit

Marlon Henvit

Her father Hans Lassen died in 1760 age 78. Could we also find record of his birth in Tønder?

Lisa Petersen

Hi Marlon

The Tønder churchbooks have been indexed and are on AO.  According to this page from the index,

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=18484632#237180,45128195

your Hans Lassen was born 8 Nov 1682, and that is here on the right, about half way down

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17217390#202734,38433003

I will leave it up to you to decide if this is your ancestor.

Lisa Petersen
near Washington, D.C.

Marlon Henvit

Marlon Henvit

Now my last question is, do I read his father's name as also Hans Lassen?

Lisa Petersen

Hanss' father's name is Hans Lassen according to this baptism record.  But then, wouldn't the child's name be Hanss Hanssen instead of the Hans Lassen you were looking for?

Also, I read Elseb. Maria's father's name as Hanss Rassm (I'm not exactly sure).  Maybe that's an abbreviation for Rasmussen, but I would expect Rassmuss: to be written instead.  Her father's name is definitely not Hanss Lassen.

Hopefully someone who can read the old handwriting better than I will help solve this problem.

Lisa P.
near Washington D.C.

Grethe Leerbech

I think you should doubt the family connections, as Lisa writes.
Elisabeth Marinas fathers name is Hans Rasmusssen (Rassm) and Hans fathers name is Hans Lassen, So the children should be named: Elisabeth Marina Hanssen and Hans Hanssen. It could be that the persons who have given you the informations have written wrong about the "familyname" - patronym. Have you looked the marriage up and baptism of their children. 
Grethe
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Marlon Henvit

Thanks to you both. It looks as if I have a lot of work to do. The information I have is from a researcher working for a deceased cousin. It is probably 25 years old. I have always blindly accepted it.Thamks again

Grethe Leerbech

Hey Marlon
I have been Tønder parish through from 1734-1748 to look for their children, but i haven't found any children with those parents baptised in that period.
At least they didn't live in Tønder parish. I wanted to help you, to see if I could find the correct Elsabet and Hans, and their parents.

Please tell me where their children was baptised.

Grethe
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Grethe Leerbech

Hey Marion

i have red all the former questions you -and others - have asked about Elsabe Marina Hanses (Lassen) and I believe in that result, that the priest either have written wrong: Hans Rassm or her mother has remarried with a man called Lassen!- and therefore she at her dead is called that. Elsabet Marina is not a common name, and if you ex. google it you will not have many answers in that time. So I think that One could say that The baptisme found in march  1712 is your Elsabe Marina- she is the only one in that churchbook with that name...
Grethe

Marlon Henvit

Hi Grethe,

I have four children for Hans Andresen Bossen and Elsabe Marina Hanses all baptised  in Tønder. They are:

Helena Catharina, who I am descended from, baptized 2 March 1744, died 8 February 1816, married Matthies Matthiessen 3 June 1763 Tønder

2. Marina, baptized 3 January 1748, died 13 November 1749 Tønder.

3. Marina, baptized 29 September, Tønder,  I don't have a death.

4. Hans, baptised 6 April 1753, Tønder, again no death date.

I hope this helps.

Marlon

Marlon Henvit

So Goethe if what you say is true and I have no reason to believe it is not true, what is the name of her father?

Marlon Henvit

I don't know if this will help or hurt the investigation. The following is from this forum several years ago containing a reference to Elsabe.

Hi Marlon
Having tried several books  I found the wedding in:
Tønder, Tønder, Tønder 1763-1850, opslag 399
It is german. I cannot translate word by word, but give you the meaning as far as I can see the words!

Married 3. of June 1763:
Matthies Matthiesen from Burkal Parish son of Matthies Nissen and Anne Matthieses (Matthies wife) daughter of Hans Jürgensen ibid (from the same place) their legal son, with Lena Catharina Hanses daughter of Hans B.ssen Andresens ....... ... .... in Tondern und Elsabe M...a Hanses daughter of Hans Lassens same place (Tønder) their legal daughter.

Marlon Henvit

Grethe Leerbech

Hi again Marlon

As you your self show, the Elsabe Marina is called Hanses (Hans (daughter) . In southjutland the patronym Hanses means the Genitiv form which in Denmark mostly are written -'s , but in Jutland -es , which tells she is daugther of Hans.

So the father could be both Lassen and Rasmussen. Which cannot be solved before we find either his birth, his marriage, his dead , and we are sure that's the right person- so an inventory after dead should preferably be found. I myself would say her father is Lassen- and that's only at her baptism the priest has written wrong. other times she is called Lassen, also by her death-when they should show her papers.  .

But of course it could be that Elsabe Marina is born in one surrounding parish, or Fanø. But having searched in Family Search nobody comes through at that time. Try yourself. and FS has mostly of the baptismes in Denmark.

Grethe Leerbech

Marlon
Another way to go is to look for the names of the godfathers (baptismal fathers) and godmothers to Elsabe Marinas children. Mostly they are families especially the godmother. Are there any Lassen present.
It takes time, but sometimes one are able to find a brother, mother, sister or brother og sister in law. If you find any Lassen then you have to look if they themselves has had children, marriage or are dead later on-and thereby try to find the family connections.
I have been looking for all the fathers in baptism in one family also those with other names, and ben lucky to find a sister in law and through her found the brother and as result also the parents. 
But you have asked so many times about that, so i think it is important for you.

Marlon Henvit

Hi Grethe,

Thanks to you and the others for your hard work. I have thoughtful some time that Elsabe may have been born in another parish. As suggested I will explore the birth of her children.

Marlon