Grooms place of residence

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 11 Jun 2011 - 04:23

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

In the marriage record of Johan Hansen and Maren Andersdatter on 29 Jul 1802 in Utterslev, Lollands Nørre, Maribo, opslag 208 I read that Johan is from Kobølle.  Am I correct and if so, where is Kobølle?
Thanks for all the great help.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

A good hard look at the text brought me to read Nobølle.

In a 1777 description of Horslunde parish, in a Google version, Nobølle is named as one of its villages.  Little doubt that it is now known as Nybølle.

At the same time, the 1787 census seems to place Johan Hansen in Vindeby parish.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Once again thank you so much for your expert help Ralph.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lynn Christiansen

Recently this site was provided to me:  http://historiskatlas.dk/

If you do a search on the town that Ralph gave you you end up with the attached map for the 1899 time frame.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thank you so much for finding this map.  It is wonderful how you Danes find sites that we wouldn't find in a thousand years.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

Perhaps the next step.

maribo, Lollands Nørre, Horslunde, Nøbølle, , 11, FT-1787, B4197
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Rasmusen 48  Gift Hosbonde Bonde og gårdbeboer 
Johanne Siersdatter 33  Gift Madmoder   
Sier Hansen 6  Ugift Barn af sidste ægteskab [Hans Rasmusen og Johanne Siersdatter]   
Kirsten Hansdatter 3  Ugift Barn af sidste ægteskab [Hans Rasmusen og Johanne Siersdatter]   
Johan Hansen 17  Ugift Mandens barn af 1ste ægteskab [Hans Rasmusen]   
Anne Hansdatter 15  Ugift Mandens barn af 1ste ægteskab [Hans Rasmusen]

A good guess as to his first wife's birth year should be in Hans's entry in Oeders Efterretning from 1771. 

I have gone through several years before 1782 for Hans's second marriage without seeing it.  Johanne must be from a neighboring parish.  In the 1787 census this was her first marriage.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ralph,

Thanks for continuing your much appreciated help.  This is what I have found in the Uttlerslev kirkebog.

On 20 Jan 1770, trovelede Hans Rasmussen Ryther and Mette Cathrine Johansdatter, opslag 129.
On 29 Feb 1770, married Hans Rasmussen and Mette Cathrine Johansdatter, opslag 129.
On 9 Jan 1771 baptism of Johan, father Hans Rasmussen.

On 31 Dec 1778, Hans Ryther's wife is buried in Nordlunde, opslag 322.

On 29 Mar 1779 Hans Rasmussen and Johanna Siersdatter were married in Nordlunde, opslag 231.

Do you think that Hans Rasmussen, Hans Rasmussen Ryther, and Hans Ryther are the same person.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ralph,

Mette Cathrine was 34 at the time of her birth, but I did not find her in the Utterslev kirkebog.  However I did find Hans, the son of Rasmus Bager, baptized 28 Jan 1739, opslag 83.  Perhaps the Hans of the latter dates.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ralph Rasmussen

Given that Hans Rasmussen, vulgo 'called' Rytter is in all cases from Nybølle, it seems the right man.

In the 1787 census, when accurate, the age is the year entered into.  But 1739 seems the one possibility in Utterslev.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ralph,

Tusind tak for din hjælp.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Irene Christoffersen

Hi

Any time in the future you have doubts about the correct name for a place there is this excellent site, and I quote from the site:

Here you can search a database, containing 58923 danish place names with info about Parish, Community and County according to the county-organisation of 1970.

http://www.krabsen.dk/stednavnebase/index.php

Rgds
Irene Christoffersen
Mvh
Irene Christoffersen
Hillerød

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Irene,ing

Thank you for the website.  I remember your home town which I visited when I was in Denmark in 1966.  It is a beautiful city.  Also, my great grandfather lived there for a short while after he emigrated from Sweden in 1854.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul