Anne Hansdatter before her marriage, 1773, Verst sogn, Ribe amt

Startet af Lisa Petersen, 18 Jul 2019 - 23:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lisa Petersen

I am looking for information on Anne Hansdatter before her marriage to Oluf Krabbe in Verst sogn, Anst herred, Ribe amt, on 29 Oct 1773.  Here is their marriage, right page, top

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159956#159956,26891621

1773, d 12 April Trovl Oluf Krabbe Enkemand i Weerst med Enken Anne Seest af Hr Provst Winther, Efterlovningsmænd: --. Den 29 oct. Ægte=Viede af mig her i Weerst. 

Was she from Seest, or was Seest a last name?  There was a Hans Seest in Verst when she was born (about 1745) but her baptism is not there, and there was a Hans Seest was a sponsor for their children in 1775 and 1781.  All records I have found after this marriage show her name as Anne Hansdatter, not Anne Seest.

Why was Provst Winther involved with this marriage?  Is it because Verst's pastor had died in 1773, or is there some other reason?  Provst Winther was pastor in Skanderup, 1756-1792, and provst in Anst herred for many years.

I hope someone can help with suggestions on what to do next.

Thanks,
Lisa Petersen

Ole Westermann

Hej Lisa

I spent a good deal of time looking at your problem.

1773, d 12 April Troel(ovet) Oluf Krabbe Enkemand i Weerst
med Enken Anne Seest af Hl Provst Winther
Forlovningsmænd: --. Den 29 oct. Ægte-Viede af mig ...? i Weerst K(irke)

At https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=159955#159955,26891531 is noticed, that during ½ year
after the death of Hagelund and the arrival of Hans Høyer the records are missing. For ¼ year Ibsen had been there.
So some data are missing from that period - maybe also the death of the below mentioned Erich Bertelsen.

Anne Hansdatter Seest (born ca 1745), prob. a daughter of Hans Seest, was a widow - after who?
Could be at ops. 94 right in 1766: Nov. 11 betrothed bachelor Erich* Bertelsen and Ane Hansdatter here in Weerst - married
An indication of this is, that the only son OK & AHS get, is named Erich (bp 29.jun.1777 - ops.7)
    *at http://www.horsboel.dk/kirkebog/Verst_og_Baekke_vie_1718_1814.pdf he is named Eskild - but that is not correct

But AHS cannot be seen baptized in Verst.

Hans Hansen Seest is first time mentioned  at ops.9 in 1730, Dom.2.p.Ep. when his daughter MAREN is bp.
  (There is a Hans Hansen i Verst having bapt. Lauritz in 1719 and Søren in 1724 - could be the same, but not necessarily.)
His wife is buried March 30, 1735 - no name and age

Then he, Hans Hansen Seest, gets married 22.aug.1735 to Marie Henrichsdatter, and it is prob. her, who is buried 30.mar.1741
  (ops.11 left margin: D.Vir. blef Hans Seestes Hustru begrafvet)

Then he gets married somewhere else to .....? Mads?datter - the next children bapt. in Verst are
              MADS 7.may 1747 - MADS 22.jun 1749 - HANS 25.apr 1751
He prob. got married in 1741 og 1742, and he may have lived with his 3. wife in the parish, where she was born - and there they
may have got ANNE (AHS) around 1745.

That's it for now.
mvh Ole

Lisa Petersen

Hej Ole

Many many thanks for helping me with this problem.  I wasn't sure if I should continue with the possibility that Anne Hansdatter might be a daughter of Hans Seest.

You found some very interesting information. 

It makes sense that the son Erich was named after the first husband Erich Bertelsen.  I could not find any explanation for the son's name before.

Today I found probate information about Hans Hansen Seest on Erik Brejl's web site, https://www.brejl.dk/ribekirke.html:
  Ribe stiftfysikat, Skifteprotokol, 1730-1785
  10 Hans Hansen Seest i Kragelund i Bække sogn. 25.9.1745, fol.33.
  E: Abelone Madsdatter. LV: Hans Christensen i Kragelund.
  Af første ægteskab B:
  1) Hans Hansen Seest i Verst
  2) Mads Hansen i Hostrup
  3) Laurids Hansen i Spjarup [i Egtved sogn]
  4) Else Hansdatter 24
  5) Ellen Hansdatter 19.

So there were 2 Hans Hansen Seests, the father in Bække and the son in Verst.  Maybe my Anne Hansdatter is a daughter of the younger HHS. 
Lauritz the son of Hans Hansen bapt. in 1719 that you found could be the Laurids Hansen in Spjarup.

I will look tomorrow for Hans Hansen (without the Seest), try to learn more about the 5 children, try to find Erich Bertelsen's death and his children, if any.

I think there are some small gaps in the Verst records when no pastor is there, and there are some larger gaps (missing pages or book), which makes the research now difficult.

Thanks very much for the help!

Lisa Petersen

Ole Westermann

Erich Bertelsen & Anne Hansdatter had 3 children bp:
Bertel 5.jul.1767 (buried 25.oct.) - Maren 11.mar.1770 - Christen 7.jul.1771    (and prob. a stillborn child feb.1769)
and I am sure Erich Bertelsen died during the period with missing records in 1771-72.

Do you have this probate after Oluf Krabbe's son of 1. marriage, Niels
https://www.brejl.dk/koldinghus.html (with a few extra notes by me)
    ------------------
834 Niels Olufsen i Egtved. 6.2.1786,side 953.     (++ Dom.3 p.Ep. - 30 years 2 months - f.ca.1755)
A:
0) far Oluf Krabbe, død. E: Afdødes stedmor Anne Hansdatter i Verst. LV: Jørgen Johansen Rind
1) bror Johannes Olufsen i Egtved  (f.ca.1745)
2) bror Peder Olufsen i Vester Hjerting ved Varde (f.ca.1752)
3) søster Margrethe Olufsdatter i Viuf Kro
4)  halvsøster Karen Kirstine Olufsdatter 12
5)  halvsøster Kirsten Olufsdatter 11
6)  halvbror Erik Olufsen 9
7)  halvsøster Anne Marie Olufsdatter 7
8.  halvsøster Maren Olufsdatter 4.
FM:
1 farbror Julius Pedersen i Verst  (see nr 1030 probate 20.6.1789) - f.ca.1738
2 Hans Pedersen på Hjelmdrup.
   ----------------
Julius Pedersen as NO's fathers brother indicates, that Oluf Krabbe's patronymic is Pedersen, son of Peder.

mvh Ole

Lisa Petersen

Thank you, Ole, for the baptisms of Erich Bertelsen's children.  I was able to find them and the 2 deaths, but not his death.  I cannot find a probate for him.  I could not find the children confirmed in Verst, so perhaps they died young.

Yes I have the probate for Niels Olesen.  I think Ole Krabbe's father was Peder Henrik Schøllermand, but I have not found Ole's birth, which I think happened in Trelde near Fredericia before the KB start.

I have found a few Hans Hansens that I think are the father Hans Hansen Seest.  From 1719 to 1728, he is called Hans Hansen in the Verst KB, then the pastor changes and then he is usually called Hans Seest, sometimes Hans Hansen Seest.  I still need to sort out which wives and children belong to the father HHS or son HHS.

Thanks again for the help, Ole.  I might be back again later with more questions.

Lisa P.

Lisa Petersen

I think I found Anne Hansdatter's birth in 1745 in Egtved, daughter of Hans Hansen & Kirsten Andersdatter.  They had 3 more children in Verst, and Hans Hansen died before the last was born in 1751.  Then Kirsten Andersdatter married Laurs Hansen in Egtved, probably the brother of Hans Hansen.  I will have to work on this more to make sure the connection is right.

Thanks for the help.

Lisa Petersen