Is Grandfather listed in witness list?

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 07 Jun 2011 - 10:13

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

In the parish register for Hundborg Hundborg Thisted  1814-1839 opslag 59 pg 59 #5, I have located the birth entry for Mette, daughter of Niels Christian Krogsgaard and Kirstine Madsdatter.

In the listing of witnesses I believe one of those listed is the grandfather of Mette and the father of Kirstine Madsdatter.

I transcribe the list as follows:

Anne Nielsdatter, ?? ?? Fadere Mads Nielsen i Sneistrup bar Barnet. Fadder ware: Christen Brodahl, Gaardmand i Hundborg, Jens Povelsen, Gaardmand i Døllerup i Sjøring Sogn, Christen Jensen ?? i Tilsted, Anne Jensdatter tjenerd (sp??) i Kallengh (sp??) og Mette Jensdatter, Niels Salmonsens Hustru i Tilsted Sogn.

I have not been able to read the couple of words just before the name "Mads Nielsen".

If someone would please look at this entry and provide me with the correct transcription including those specific words I would appreciate it. I am hoping they indicate he is the grandfather of the child Mette and hence the father of Kirstine Madsdatter.

Thank you....
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Gitte Hovedskov

Hi Lynn

This is how I read the entire text:

Anne Nielsdatter, hjemme hos
Faderen Mads Nielsen i Snejstrup bar Barnet. Faddere
ware: Christen Brodahl (or Bredahl), Gaard
mand i Hundborg, Jens Poul
sen, Gaardmand i Døllerup i
Sjøring Sogn, Christen Jensen tje-
nende i Tilsted, Anne Jensdat
ter tjenende i Kallerup og Mette
Jensdatter, Niels Salmonsens
Hustru i Tilsted Sogn.

tjenende = working as a servant

There is no indication of any relationship between the child being christened and the witnesses.

Sorry  :'(

Gitte

Pamela Alley

Hi Lynn,

Kirstine Madsdatter is the daughter of Mads Nielsen and Mette Pedersdatter. She can be found in 1787-1802 Hundborg-Jannerup, ops. 34. The family is also here:

All persons in the household

Thisted, Hundborg, Jannerup, Snegstrup, , , 4, FT-1801
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Mads Nielsen   40    Gift   mand   bonde og gårdbeboer samt opsynsmand ved klitten   
Mette Pedersdatter   45    Gift   hans kone      
Peder Madsen   11    Ugift   deres barn      
Kirstine Madsdatter   9    Ugift   deres barn      
Anne Madsdatter   7    Ugift   deres barn      
Anders Madsen   5    Ugift   deres barn      
Maren Michelsdatter   30    Ugift   tjenestepige   

This is the family of my great aunt's husband, Nikolaj Johannes Krogsgaard, through Kirstine's son Mads Nielsen Krogsgaard.

Regards,

Pam Alley

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Gitte and Pamela for your assistance.

Pamela--- I guess we are related in a round about way (via marriage  ;) ).

Christen Olesen and Karen Jensdatter Østergaard are my 3rd Great Grandparents
Their son-- Jens Christensen who is my 2nd great granduncle married Mette Nielsen (our marriage tie together)
She is the daughter of Niels Christian Krogsgaard and Kirstine Madsdatter, and therefore would be the sister of Mads Nielsen Krogsgaard.

Small world, small indeed.

If you wish to exchange information, perhaps we could do it via personal email rather this Forum.

Again, thank you both for your assistance....
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg