Why is she in prison?

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 24 Maj 2011 - 03:40

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

In the marriage record of Christen Sørensen Tousgaard and Mette Kirstine Nielsdatter on 15 Apr 1824, Vester Assels, Morsø Sønder, Thisted, opslag 121 nr 1, it says he is divorced from his first wife, Maren Nielsdatter.  It also says she is in the prison in Viborg.  Can anyone help me find out what she went to prison for? 

I know that she was in Vester Assels on 29 Jul 1820 when she gave birth to Inger Kjerstine, opslag 50 nr 2.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Kirsten Tatt

Tak a look here:

Viborg Tugthus Fangeprotokol

Løbe Nr 2657

http://www.wadschier.dk/kilder/vis_side.php?nr=209&Kilde_id=780&zoom=0.75

venlig hilsen Kirsten

Inge-Lise Nielsen

Dear Paul Londahl-Smith,
Viborg tugthus fangeprotokol 1779-1835 opslag 209 can be found at www. wadschier.dk
It says that Maren Nielsdatter of Vester Asssels was sentenced to 8 years of prison because she had attempted to murder her husband. She arrived in prison on August 22nd 1823. It also says that she was 29 years old at that time and the mother of 2 daughters and 1 son. She was blind in her right eye. She died in prison on November 23rd 1825 of brystsyge/ probably pneumonia. Her religion was Lutheran.
Kind regards
Inge-Lise Nielsen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thank you so much Kirsten and Inger-Lise for all the information on Maren Nielsdatter.  I will forward it to my friend in California.  It is certainly interesting what we find about our ancestors.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul
North Carolina, USA

Inge-Lise Nielsen

A correction!

Maren Nielsdatter of Vester Assels died on November 3rd 1825.

Kind regards,
Inge-Lise Nielsen

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Inge-Lise,

Tusind tak for the correction.  It is on its way to California.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul