Translation needed Please

Startet af Dennis Hubbard, 22 Maj 2011 - 06:45

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Dennis Hubbard

Could someone please translate the marriage information for Niels Peter Nielsen #2 under 1845 and on opslag 127 Nørre Kongerslev Sogn, Hellum, Ålborg AMT.

Thank you,

Dennis Hubbard

Dennis Hubbard

sorry, ref. is 1832-1857.

Another question is how do you edit a message?

Karin Andersen

Hi Dennis. :)

I´ll give it a try.
Ålborg A., Hellum H., Nørre Kongerslev sogn. Opsl. 127.
1845. Nr. 2. The bachelor  Niels Peder Nielsen (age) 25½. Vaccinated 1822. Svend (= skilled worksman) in Nørre Kongerslev. The Maid Ane Maria Olesdatter (age) 30 of Ulsted parish in Vendsyssel (Hjørring Amt) Weaver. Vaccinated in 1825.
Best men: 1. Niels Pedersen. Owner of a farm in Nørre Kongerslev and fader of the groom. 2. Thÿge Christensen also the owner of a farm and from the same place.
Married on April the 4 th in the church.
To the right is the best mens confirmation that nothing legaly is wrong with this marriage and their signature.

You are also missing the possibility to edit ???

Unfortenately Slægt & Data choosed to let a few people spoil the possibility to edit for everybody else. Very sorry about that.

However they also choosed to "have an open window" for ½ an hour I belive. It is possible to edit ½ an hour after you posted your message.

Kind regards :)

Karin Andersen
Rhode-listen. ca. 650 personer findes under "Slægtshistorier" https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,118658.0.html

Dennis Hubbard

Thank you Karin for the translation.

It brings up a question. I find Ulsted in Aalborg Amt but the translation says Ulsted parish in Vendsyssel (Hjørring Amt) for Ane Marie?
I don't know where or what Vendsyssel is or why it says Hjørring Amt.

I found  two church records for a Ane Marie Olesdatter. They seem to say the same thing but I can not read them very good. They look to be my Ane Marie. :-\

The first is:  Opslag 22 #15, Ulsted, Kær, Ålborg, ref. 1808-1815.

The second: Opslag 47 #8, Ulsted, Kær, Ålborg, ref. 1814-1834.

Do they say the same thing? Was the second copied from the first?

Also, here is a 1870 census of the family.

Dansk Demografisk Database
Aalborg, Hellum, Nørre Kongerslev, Nørre Kongerslev, , Et huus, 17, FT-1870
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Niels Peter Nielsen 50  Gift Huusfader Smed Nørre Kongerslev Sogn Aalborg Amt
Ane Maria Olesdatter 54  Gift Huusmoder  Ulsted Sogn Aalborg Amt !!
Ole Christian Nielsen 20  Ugift Barn Møllerdreng Nørre Kongerslev Sogn Aalborg Amt
Niels Peter Nielsen 4  Ugift Pleiebarn  Nørre Kongerslev Sogn Aalborg Amt
Ole Christian Jensen 19  Ugift Tjenestetyende Smedlærling Komdrup Sogn Aalborg Amt

Any explaination would be appreciated,
Thank you,

Dennis Hubbard

Karin Andersen

Hi Dennis :).

First: If you know a map of Denmark Vendsyssel is the big island to the north of the Limfjord (and the city of Ålborg). The north and east part of Vendsyssel is in Hjørring Amt. The western part is in Thisted Amt.

If you have any doubts about names of places/parishes in Denmark, you might want to use this link to Krabsen: http://www.krabsen.dk/stednavnebase/
If you click on "stednavn" you will find a new window with a space to write the name of the location you are interester in. In this case you find these options for places with the name Ulsted:

Fundet: 3 forekomster
Stednavn     Sogn         Herred     Gl. amt       Bemærkning
Ulsted                  Fur         Harre     Viborg       Bebyggelse.
Ulsted                  Ulsted         Kær                  Aalborg    Sogn Bebyggelse. Ejerlav eller dele heraf.
Ulsted                  Vestervig   Refs                  Thisted       Bebyggelse.

If you click on sogn and write Ulsted sogn you will only find one sogn/parish named Ulsted and that is the one you know from Ålborg A. So something is wrong somewhere. It might well be the churchbook note about Vendsyssel.

As far as I can se the two "opslag" you are refering to not connected. Did you by any chance give a wrong opslags number?

You wrote:
The first is: Opslag 22 #15, Ulsted, Kær, Ålborg, ref. 1808-1815.
(# 15. Christian Jacobsen and wife Ane Kirstine Hermandsdatter in Ulsted had their daughter baptised Mette Marie (Christiansdatter).

And..

(It is the baptism of the girl Anne Marie Olesdatter. The daughter of Ole Christian Jensen and his wife Karen Pedersdatter in Lille Sønderlund.)

It might be you Ane Marie, but I don´t know for sure.

To prevent that informations from churchbooks should go missing it was – way back- descided that churckbooks was to be written in two copies. One was written by the priest and one by his helper. Also that the churchbooks was to be kept seperatly. Thats why you often se the same informations twice.

I don´t know if it is the case here ???.

Kind regards :)

Karin Andersen
Rhode-listen. ca. 650 personer findes under "Slægtshistorier" https://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,118658.0.html

Dennis Hubbard

Hi Karin
Thank you for the information.

Could you take another look at the opslags mentioned before. I did read the first wrong. The item number (Ane Marie) should be 13 instead of 15. :P
They are now:
The first is:  Opslag 22 #13, Ulsted, Kær, Ålborg, ref. 1808-1815.

and then translate the birth information? Please?
Thank you,
Dennis