zidsel jeppsdatter

Startet af Jason Record, 27 Apr 2011 - 23:35

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jason Record

I'm trying to find the birth record for zidsel jeppsdatter.  I think its July 1792 in 1789-1817, Ål, Vester Horne, Ribe (opslag 21), but I can't quite make it out.  She appears in this census

Ribe, Vester Horne, Aal, Vester Vrøgum Bye, , 4, FT-1801, b5354
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Jeppe Nielssen 32  Gift huusbonde bonde og gaardbeboer  (farmer and farm-resident)
Abelone Pedersdatter 38  Gift hans kone  (his wife) 
Zidsel Jepsdatter 8  Ugift deres børn   
Niels Jepsen 7  Ugift deres børn   
Maren Jepsdatter 5  Ugift deres børn

Thanks for the help
Jason Record, USA
-Jason Record

Ralph Rasmussen

Between what can be read and what can be excluded, I decode the entry as:

Dom: 9 p: Trin: d: 5 Augusti
.... Jep Baae og Ablon
Pedersdr: Her af W: W: en pige?
døbt Kaldet Sidsel Fadderne
Xten Thuesen Hustrue
Karen .....datter
af W: W:

If the census was accurate, the Sidsel there was in her eighth year, giving a birth in the latter half of 1793 or the first half of 1794.  But in opslag 30, Niels is baptized in the spring of 1794.  So much for following the protocol.

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Jason Record

All the census records are dated as being done on the 1st of February, but I wonder if that is entirely accurate.  That is a lot of people to count on one day.  I would guess that either the census started on the first of February and went on until everyone was counted, or everyone knew the census was on that day and they went to the pastor to get recorded in the census.  I think the first is probably true because that zidsel (or sidsel) was the only one I could find there, and when I'm looking for a birth record I look a few years previous to the estimated year and a few years after.  It would be so much easier if I had a time machine :).  Thanks for the help. 

Jason Record
-Jason Record