Death Record needs translation - Skærbæk, Tonder, image 143, top entry

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 21 Dec 2017 - 04:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1795/churchbook/source139033/opslag15230153
I'm still trying to find Anna Pedersdatter's mother.  Her fathers name was Peder Jespersen.  This death of Karen Pedersdatter might be her mother.  Based upon the information I found in Family Search, I think her husband was Peder Jespersen.  The death date given was 07 March 1828 and her age as 87...would someone please help me by translating the entire entry word for word...it is just one line across two pages.  I'm hoping it gives the name of her husband (who died in 1784).  Still trying, I am thankful for all the help I get.  Claude

Ole Westermann

Claude

Died March 7 buried the 12th, 1828
Karen Petersdatter
Peter Jespersens widow, lived at Skjerbekgaard (Skærbækgaard)
87¼ years

So she was born late 1740. So she was probably the mother of Anna born 1767.

Ole

Claude Anders Hanson

Hallalujah!!!  I'm also pretty sure we've found the right person.  I'll still try to find some additional children (Anna's brothers & sisters) and by comparing witnesses I'll be fairly sure!  Thanks always.  Claude :D

Ole Westermann

Dear Claude

I'm sorry to spoil your day a bit!
Here is the betrothal and marriage of the bachelor Peder Jespersen of Østergasse and the girl Karen Pedersdatter
of Vestergasse on May 19 resp. Oct.13, 1780
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=202372#202372,38360253 top left

So keep up the hunting and the mood.

Ole

Claude Anders Hanson

>:(Well thanks Ole!!  When I read you note I just forced myself into a corner, pounded on the walls, and yelled like a hyena!!!  I wasn't civilized like my mom who would have just said "Oh, Fiddlesticks!".   Anyway, now I assume Anna's mom died  sometime in the first 10 years of Anna's life because her dad re-married about  ten years after her birth.  Now, I'll try going through the female burial records and see if I can find one that has a note appended that says "Peder Jespersen's first wife!!!!".  I'm going to pretend that I don't know there will be a couple hundred deaths and I don't even know a name I'm looking for... and even if I did, I couldn't read it.  Woe is me.
Thanks anyway, for giving me a few hours feeling like we had solved my problem.  So, I'll start again.  Clawed