Gert Eberhard Svitrich, Feldballe

Startet af Linda Sathre, 23 Apr 2011 - 02:56

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Linda Sathre

I'm wondering if there is anyone who is familiar with Gert Eberhard Svitrich (and/or family) who died in Feldballe, Djurs Sønder, Randers in 1712. I think Gerd Eberhard Svitrich is of German descent and I'm wondering if he was a part of the Jutland Dragoon Regiment that came to Randers about 1670. I have found him in the church book for Thorsager in 1693 listed as Svitring Ryter when he married  Mette (it's hard to read) who is probably his second wife. I believe he has a daughter, Dorthe, baptized in Ebdrup church in 1685 and possibly a daughter, Karen and son, Johan. At his daughter, Dorthe's baptism, the parents are only listed as "Svittrings" but it was interesting that a "cornet from Thorsager" was mentioned as well as horsemen so I thought it might mean he was part of the military. 

My Danish great-grandfather told his family that he had a German ancestor. So, I'm very interested to find if Gert Eberhard Svitrich is German and how he ended up in Denmark. I will appreciate any advice or insight! Thanks, Linda