Translation of long death record Hellevad, Tonder, image 342 #20

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 11 Okt 2017 - 05:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn19/churchbook/source138765/opslag15181363
Hopefully I can find someone who has the knowledge and time to translate this long death entry for Hans Hansen Friis in 1879.  I'm sure it contains much information that needs entered in my family history.  I'll understand why some may not want to take the time; however, I'm hopeful someone who finds the language easy to read will help me.  Thanks so much... Claude Anders Hanson

Ole Westermann

Claude

I made a translation without transcription:

Farmer Hans Hansen Friis in Clautoft, leg. son of late parents Hans Petersen and wife Bodil born Peters in Horsbyk.
He was born same place on March 25, 1790. He has been married three times, first to Mette Maria born Jørgens,
leg. daughter of Late parents, clerk and school teacher Jørgen Petersen and wife Adelheid born Jacobs in Jordkjær.
She died after a childless marriage on amy 29 1812 in Clautoft, 32 yo. Second time he got married on July 1813 to
Ellen Maria Hanses (Nissen), leg. daughter of late parents farmer Hans Nissen and wife Silla born Jahns in Clautoft,
where she was born on April 14, 1776. She died after a childless marriage on January 27,1824 in Clautoft, 52 yo.
Third time he got married June 26,1830 to Anna Maria born Geil, leg. daughter of late parents Jens Petersen Geil and
wife Kjestine born Bøyes in K..strup and born same place 1806. She died shortly before her husband on Aug.3,1879.
In this marriage were born following children, all alive, namely
1. Hans Peter Friis in Clautoft, 48 yo unmarried.
2. Jens Peter Friis in Australia, married there 46 yo.
3. Maria Christine Friis in Oeddis-Branderup and married there, 44 yo.
4. Anna Kjestine Friis in Karup? and married there, 40 yo.
5. Peter Christian Friis in Clautoft, unmarried, 38 yo.
6. Anna Maria Friis in Høbjerg and married there, 36 yo.
7. Jette Botille Friis in Clautoft unmarried 29 yo.
The deceased who lived at his farm with his children there became gradually weaker and pressed by his age, while
he earlier had been unusually strong and active. He was at his death the oldest in Hellevad and Egvad parishes.
As long as he was able to, he was often to Gods house, table and words, in which he had good insight, and he was
well known with the Bible and psalms, word by word in his memory.
Shortly before he died he experienced how the farm in which he had lived during so many years, was hit by a lightning
and burned down. He followed he newly deceased wife to the eternity and reached the high age of 89 years 8 months.
Speech at his exit from the 'mourning house', graveside ceremony and funeral sermon.

My best regards
Ole

Claude Anders Hanson

Ole:  Thank you, thank you, thank you.    And if I could, I'd personally thank the priest who recorded in and kept the church books for being to thorough in recording the entire obituary from the funeral.  I've had only one other death that gave so many details....but, it pales when compared to this one...and it was in the adjacent parish of Bedfast-also in Aabenraa and about three years later.  Thanks again.  Claude

Claude Anders Hanson

Ellen - thanks for the tease....I've been looking at the death entry for Anna Marie Friis nee Geil.....and can pick out enough that I know it is the right person... birthdate   marriage date, etc.  It probably mentions her children... just as her husbands obituary did; however, if it has any other information you think is vital for my research would you let me know.... I think it would be interesting to compare the names it gives for her parents....  anyway THANKS for all the help and effort you have made to help this ignorant man from Idaho, USA...Claude

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Claude
I'll do my best, but it is a bit hard to read - and for some reason, the death is not listed in the copy of the churchbook, but only in the original.

Anna Maria Friis nee Gail in Klaustoft, a daughter of deceased .... Jens Petersen Geil and wife Kirstina nee Boyes in Kastrup, born in the same place in 1806. Married on June 26th 1830 to still living husband  ….. Hans Hansen Friis in Klaustoft, a son of deceased Hans Petersen and wife Bodel nee Petersdaugther in Horsbye, born in the same place March 25th 1790. In the marriage was the following children born: Hans Peter Friis, Jens Peter Friis, Maria Kirstine Friis, Anne Kirstine Friis, Peter Christian Friis, Anna Maria Friis and Jutta Botille Friis. The deceased suffered for a longer period from breastweakness, which in the end caused her death. Her age was 73 years. With speech in the mourning house, graveside ceremony and funeral.
/Ellen

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Ellen:  Exactly what I wanted...I'm still looking for a marriage or birth record for either of her parents - or I'd even like to find them on a census so I might know their birth years.  I just keep plugging along and know I'll eventually find (with a lot of help) what I'm looking for.  Occasionally I find and translate in information without any help; however with these last two generations of this family I'm rarely able to find what I'm looking for.  Thanks again for your help.  Claude

Ellen Steen-Petersen

Hi Claude

Jens Petersen and Kirstine Boyesdaughter's marriage is here (Gram Parish):
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=201466#201466,38161739
Bachelor Jens Petersen in Kastrup and maid Kirstine Boyesdatter from Stepping Parish.
Married Oct 26th 1805

This might be the baptism of Jens Pedersens in Gram Parish, Haderslev:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=201464#201464,38161037
Jens
Parents: Peder Madsen and Ane Marie Chrestensdatter of Kastrup
Baptised: Dom 18 past Trinitatis (Oct 14th 1781)

This might be the baptism of Kisten Boysen, Stepping Parish, Haderslev:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=202500#202500,38382526
Feb 5th 1778 Kirsten
Parents: Boye Pedersen & Kirsten i Kolstrup

She has a sister here (Annecken):
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=202500#202500,38382540
The mothers name is here Kirsten nee Jørgensdaughter

/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

This is most like Hans Hansen Friis and his parents in Census 1803 (he was born in Horsbye):

Aabenraa, Sønder Rangstrup, Egvad, Dorfs Horsbück, , 16, FT-1803, C1556

Navn:  Alder:  Status:  Stilling i familien:  Erhverv:  Fødested:
Hans Petersen   66   Gift   Haus Vater   Hufener      
Bohl Geb. Peters   53   Gift   dessen Frau (~Bodel nee Peters)        
Peter   23   Ugift   ihre Kinder   Land Soldat      
Kiesten   20   Ugift   ihre Kinder        
Chresten   15      ihre Kinder        
Hans   12      ihre Kinder          
Botillla   11      ihre Kinder  

/Ellen

Ellen Steen-Petersen

The baptism of Hans Hansen Friis in Hellevad, Åbenrå (bottom, left page):

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=201633#201633,38212954

1790 no. 4.
Birth Mar 25th. Bapt. Mar 27th
Hans Hansen a son of smallholder Hans Petersen and his wife Bodel Peters in Horsbÿck.
Witnesses:
1. Jens Petersen from S...
2. .. Petersen from Nørbølling
3. Peter Jürgensen from Nør Karup(?)

(I won't transcribe it all - it's in german)

/Ellen

Inger Buchard

The witnesses:
1. Jens Petersen from Hostrup, Ensted parish
2. Silla Peters from Norballig (Felsted parish?)
3. Peter Jürgensen from Nør Jarup (Nørre Hjarup, Øster Løgum parish)

Inger
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Claude Anders Hanson

Thanks Inger and Ellen....I appreciate all the help you've given me.