søren pedersen aardestrup and søren thomsen frost

Startet af Tammy Lyon, 21 Apr 2011 - 23:39

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Tammy Lyon

Greetings,
My great grandparents came to the US from Danmark and I am trying to find information on their ancestors and their family members who remained in Danmark.

My great grandfather Peder Christian Pedersen was born to Christen Pedersen (Aardestrup) and Dorthe Marie Christensdatter 25 dec 1863 in øster hornum.  He had a younger brother Søren (1866), and two sisters, Caroline (Karoline)(1869), and Karen Marie(1872). Peder Christian left Danmark in 1886.  He lived here for sometime married and when he was widowed a few years later, he returned to Danmark for his new wife Ane Marie Thomsen (Frost) below.  This was sometime between November 1909 and April 1910 as they returned to the US on the latter date and married in New York.

For Peder's family I found that Caroline was married to a Niels Pedersen (Skjödl?) and they had several children all living in øster hornum with her widowed mother.  The census records for them start after they marry in 1891 and go to 1925.   There is a census record for their son and daughter-in-law in 1930, so I am assuming that Caroline died sometime between 1925 and 1930 but I cannot find that record.  I did however, find Niels' death record. 

I found one census record for Søren from 1890 in Svenstrup.  He was married to a Henriette Bolette Marie Helen and had a daugher Inger Marie Dorthe.  I found their marriage record, and a birth record for two children including the above in Svenstrup, but after that point I cannot find them.  Since there was a note for a name change in 1905 for Søren, I am assuming he was still living at that time, is this correct? 

I have not been able to find anything past the 1890 census record with her mom and grandfather for Karen Marie.   I do have Dorthe's death record, her husband's and her father's also.  I have her birth record, but not that of her husband or any census records for them before they were married in 1858. 

For this part of my family I would like to know where Søren lived after Svenstrup, Caroline's death record, and where Karen Marie was after 1890. 

My great grandmother Ane Marie Thomsen (Frost) was born in Mou on 24 Juli 1883.  She had a twin brother who was named Søren Peder Thomsen (Frost).  Their parents were Jens Peder Thomsen and Ane Catherine Knudsen.  They had two younger siblings, Thomas Peder Thomsen (Frost)(1885) and Margrethe Thomsen (Frost)(1888).  All of their birth records show the name change to Frost in 1905, so again I am assuming that they were all living at that time.  Also, I know that Søren was living in 1963 as my great grandmother had traveled back to Danmark to celebrate their 80th  birthday together in Aalborg.  Sadly she died a couple of months later as she was missing a leg due to a childhood accident which then contributed to the development of a blood clot from the flight over. I have her death record from the Aalborg Municipal Hospital in 1963.

I have the birth (1862) and death (1892) records for Ane Catherine Knudsen all in Mou.  I also have Jens Peder Thomsen (Frost)'s birth record in 1858 also in Mou.  I cannot however, find his death record.  Ane Catherine and Jens Peder were married at Mou in 1881.  I found a census record for the family at Mou in 1890, but I cannot find anything for them past the death of Ane Catherine in 1892.  Perhaps they moved to another town? 

There is one bit of additional information I have for Thomas Peder Thomsen (Frost) dated 11 April 1919 in øster Hornum.  A marriage record to Kirstine Marie Pedersen Skjödl (not sure on spelling as there are several differences on records).  Kirstine Marie is the eldest child of Peder Christian Pedersen's sister Caroline and her husband Niels.  That means then 9 years after my great grandfather married Ane Marie, his niece married his wife's brother.  On this marriage record which is opslag 198 on the 1919 øster hornum parish record, there is a Søren Peder Frost listed as a witness from Aalborg.  I tried to look in a census record for Aalborg, but I have not found anything.  Is there one specific that I should be looking under? Also, the codes next to the name changes for each of the families, could they be helpful at all?  I found a site that said the name changes were due to Danmark requiring permanent last names for families by 1904.  Is that the only reason and why the specific names?

For Ane Marie's side of the family, I would like to know where the family moved after Ane Catherine died.  Also, did Søren Peder Frost Marry?  It looked like he was listed as a bachelor on his brother's record.  Maybe I was misunderstanding?  Did Margrethe marry and have children?  I know that I had family living in Denmark in 1963 as my Uncle and Aunt visited them while my uncle was stationed in Germany.  Unfortunately, they did not remain in contact with them and do not recall their names.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give or suggest. 

Have a wonderful day!

Anni Larsen

Hi Tammy.
Ref. Jens Peter Thomsen (Frost). Found some information from this line of your family.

http://www.arkivalieronline.dk (AO)

Ålborg Vor Frue parish, Fleskum district, Ålborg county, confirmation 1900-1908 opslag 202 no 25:
Confirmation 12. oct 1902.
Margrethe Thomsen, Langelinie (=address)
Parents. Parcellist Jens Peter Thomsen and wife Ane Cathrine Knudsen.
Born in Mou 8. mar 1888, bapt. in Mou 15. july 1888.

AO, folketælling (census), choose 1901. Vælg stedbetegnelse: Choose Købstad. Amt, choose Ålborg. Gade (street), choose Langelinie. Click Hent oplysninger (fetch informations). In opslag 6 you will find Jens Peter Thomsen and family (new wife), Last marriage: 1895.

I did not find the family in Langelinie in census 1906.

Kind regards Anni Larsen

Anni Larsen

Hi.
Marriage no 2 Jens Peter Thomsen (Frost).

AO, Ålborg Vor Frue, Fleskum, Ålborg, 1892-1915, opslag 43 no 77:

Widover (first time) worker Jens Peter Thomsen in Ålborg, born in Mou parish ? january 1858, 37 years old. Son of smallfarmer Thomas Christensen and wife Else Margrethe. 1.wife Ane Kathrine Knudsen died in Budolfi parish 22. dec 1892.

Girl Christine Nielsie Bergitte? Jensen in Ålborg, born in Rostrup parish 10. mar 1869, 26 years old. Daughter of carpenter Laurits Christian Jensen and wife Henriette Ottoline Christiane Nielsen.
Best men: Jens Harald Jensen, baker in Ålborg. Worker Niels Andreas Nielsen, worker in Ålborg.
Married 29. nov 1895 in the church by vicard Bergsøe.

Kind regards
Anni Larsen

Anni Larsen

Hi.

Caroline Pedersen Skjødt, born Pedersen died 18. may 1937 Amtssygehuset (hospital) in Ålborg. Buried 23. may 1937 Øster Hornum Churchyeard.

AO, Øster Hornum, Hornum, Ålborg, 1934-1941, opslag 237.

Regards
Anni Larsen

Tammy Lyon

Hi Anni,
Thank you so much for the information regarding my family.  I had not looked at this request for a while as I had not had an opportunity and was so excited about the information you posted.  Thank you so very much for your time and assistance!

I looked at each page and entered the information into my family tree.  I have also found a few other things relating to a few other family members.  I am now trying to find the marriage record for Søren Peter Thomsen Frost as my uncle who met him, told me last week that he remembered meeting his grandchildren.  Thanks again for your help for I am hoping this will help point me into the right direction in that search as well.

Kindest regards,
Tammy

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Tammy,

You will find the marriage of Jens Peter Thomsen and Ane Cathrine Knudsen in Mou parish - 29 November 1881 - opslag No. 175 on Arkivalieronline (1869-1883). He was 24 years old, and she was 19½ years old.

Lissa

PS: Ups .. perhaps you already have it?

Tammy Lyon

Hi Lissa,

Yes, I do have a copy of this record, but I don't think I specified that in the original message or maybe I didn't have it at that time.  Thank you so much for forwarding the information to me though. I am in the process of making these notes on my family tree so it is nice to have the page and dates to enter easily.

Thank you again for your help!

Tammy

Tammy Lyon

Hi Anni,
Thank you for the information on searching by street name relating to a marriage record for Jens Peter.  I had forgotten I could look at census records by street name.  With your reminder I was able to use the marriage record of Søren Pedersen Aardestrup's son Ove (which I happened upon when looking for something else) to find the 1916 census record for Søren.  I found it under Skt. Jørgensgade, opslag 9.  It is very hard to read but I see that his daughter is living there as well as three other people (children).  I can't quite make out who is says the person under his daugher Inger is, but I am hoping that I will be able to find future census records for them.  I also see that he is a widower in 1916 so maybe I can find his wife's death record as well. 

Thanks again for the suggestion for Jens that I could use on another search.

Have a great day!
Tammy