Question about Counts and lower royalty

Startet af Erik Schaefer, 05 Apr 2011 - 19:57

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Erik Schaefer

I have come across the last name Schaffalitsky de Muckadell who was a count.  I am trying to prove that he might be connected to my family, and I have a story that he gave some land to a family member.  The land was in Sønder Broby and was given some time around 1868.

I would like to know:

1. Would this count be on census and church records like any other citizens, or do I need to look elsewhere?

2. Would there be any kind of record about the land deed that was given away?

I can explain more later when I have time.  Right now I would like to learn about this count, why the land was given, and if the count has any living descendants.
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Erik Schaefer

I found this link.  I am wondering if this is the man I am looking for.  He is the right age and was born in Sonder Broby.

http://finnholbek.dk/genealogy/getperson.php?personID=I9050&tree=2

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Finn Holbek

Hello Erik

Sophus Erik Skeel baron Schaffalitzky de Muckadell was a leaseholder at Møgelkær at Horsens in Jylland (now a state prison), and cannot possibly have owned an estate in Sønder Broby.

There are many similar stories about illegitimate children of noble fathers, but they are almost all impossible to prove.

If there is clear evidence in the form of deed to a specific piece of land, there might have been something  about the story, but the land can of course also have changed owner because of gambling debts etc., that's not proof enough in itself.

Unfortunately I cannot contribute additional information.

Kind regards
Finn Holbek
Med venlig hilsen
Finn Holbek
https://finnholbek.dk

Erik Schaefer

Hi Finn!  I did not realize you were here too!

As I just asked you in an email, I would like to know how I can go about getting that land record.  From what I have read, the land deeds in Denmark between 1844 and 1870 should be on microfilm somewhere. I am told I would need someone in Denmark to find the land deed, but I don't know who to ask.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Finn Holbek

Med venlig hilsen
Finn Holbek

Erik Schaefer

Thank you Finn, I'm afraid it's not the same.  The Falk Moller I am looking for was born in 1837 an died in 1913.  He spent his whole life in Sonder Broby

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Finn Holbek

Sorry Erik, I was Googling, not thinking .. ;)
Med venlig hilsen
Finn Holbek

Poul H. Jensen

Hi Erik.
Try this site:
www.wadschier.dk
He has copied the indexes of estate archives on Fyn.
Look for Muckadell(Brobygaard)
the mill is mentioned.
I guess that is was sold about 1870
Poul Henning Jensen

Erik Schaefer

Poul,

I am trying the website with Google Translation but I cannot find where to search.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Poul H. Jensen

Erik.
The latest post I found in the copyhold-protocol:
Falk Sørensen Møller af Sønderbroby
Mølle i Sønderbroby 29/9 - 1830 - III 141
hidtil Moderen Søren Møllers Enke.
That means he has taken over the mill from his mother widow af S.M.
Poul Henning Jensen

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Erik
Schaffelitsky de Muckadell family owned Brobygaard, and therefore also the mill. And your ancestors "rented" or was "faestere" under Muckadell family

If you want to look at the books yourself you have to go to Wadschiers homepage and then:
Slash : Kilde
Choose: Arkivalier
Choose: Godsarkiv'Choose: Fyn
ANd then under B: Choose : Brobygaard (Muckadell)

Søren Andersen Møller, was married to Caroline Margrete Hansdatter the widow of the former Millowner: Anders Bendixen. There might have been 2 millers at the mill in late 17th.   

Former millers are mentioned:
Anders Møller Falcken
Son: Søren Andersen Møller
and son son: Falck Sørensen Møller

If the family Muckadell has given some land to the family it must be in connection with the Agriculture reform, Or he could add some more land to the mill, because it was hard to live there and the mill didn't have so much land to cultivate.

Try to find the matrikel and look at the matrikel cards at www. mks.dk

Greetings
Grethe Leerbech
FAlck Sørensen Møller
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Erik Schaefer

Thank you both.  I understand now, but I don't think this is the same Falk Møller.

The Falk Møller I have in my tree was born in 1837 and his wife's name was Maren Kirstine Jørgensen.  I show his father was Anders Møller.

I appreciate the help.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads