Marriage Translation Please

Startet af aileen young, 30 Mar 2011 - 06:16

Forrige emne - Næste emne

aileen young

Could I please have the translation of the marriage between Rasmus Onsberg and Maren Jensdatter Knop.

1743-1786 Horsens Vor Frelser, Skanderborg.
Opslag 476 No.21

Thank you.
Aileen
Kobenhavn,Vejle.

Rebecca Hansen

I'm afraid I have trouble reading the transcript. Try posting this under 'hjælp til tydning'.
If someone can read the transcript & write in Danish I will be happy to help translate it into English.
Perhaps someone can do both.
I'll check back later & see how you are getting along.
Regards
Rebecca

Ralph Rasmussen

I'll try a transcription, and then a rendering of my efforts in English.

d. 26 Nov: copulerte jeg Velædle Vagtmester Ras
mus Onsberg her af Byen med sin Kæreste Enken Ma
ren Jensdatter Knop som hafde ..... .....
Attest sluttet Skiften og som hafde .... ....
Konge Brev at maatte vies i Huuset Dat: Christ[ens]
borg Slot d. 18 Nov: 1763 ..... tilligemed ..................

November 26, I married honorable Vagtmester Rasmus Onsberg of this village and his chosen, the widow Maren Jensdatter Knop.  Both a clearance of the probate (of her late husband) and royal permission to marry at 'the' home, the latter dated November 18, 1763 were presented.  (Also present names and titles not read or puzzled through)

To get the rest of the transcription requires at least one more set of eyes.

The royal 'marriage license' took the place of the trolovelse you should otherwise find in opslag 437 or 438.  On occasion the trolovelse will name the late husband when the marrriage record does not.

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Rebecca Hansen

Just checking in. I see you have aquired some fine help in getting the marriage transcript translated, so I will bid you a good dag & good luck with your future searches
Regards
Rebecca

aileen young

Thank you Rebecca for trying to help me.

Thank you Ralph for the translation ,It is wonderful you are able to read old danish.

Aileen 
Kobenhavn,Vejle.