Hans Sørensen/Maren Larsdatter, Aagerup, Merløse, Holbæk

Startet af Linda Sathre, 26 Mar 2011 - 21:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Linda Sathre

I'm looking for information on the parents of Ellen Hansdatter who I think was born about 1788 in Aagerup in Merløse, Holbæk. Her parents Hans Sørensen (age 58) and Maren Larsdatter (age 56) are on the 1801 census in Aagerup along with Ellen (age 13) and her two brothers, Peter (age 27) and Anders (age 16). I know that Ellen was married in Aagerup in 1811 to Niels Christensen Borum. Hans Sørenson's death is recorded at the Aagerup church in November 1812 and Maren passed away in Aagerup in April 1818. I have been unable to find any record in Aagerup of Ellen's birth or that of her brothers, Peter and Anders. Peter was married in the Aagerup church to Maren Pedersdatter in 1802 and I have found some of their family in the Holbæk Skt. Nicholaj records starting in 1803. I have seen both Peter's and Anders' names on the baptism registers for Ellen's children in Store Grandløse between the years of 1816-1830 so I know they were both alive until at least 1830. Any information or suggestions on where to look for these people would be greatly appreciated. Linda Sathre

Ralph Rasmussen

The 1801 census was to be based on the year of age entered into, suggesting Ellen's birth in 1789.  On the other hand, she must be the Ellen Hansdatter of Aagerup confirmed aged at least 14 in the spring of 1802, Aagerup 1768-1814, opslag 79.

As a tenent farmer Hans Sørensen could have come to Aagerup from outside of Holbæk amt between 1787 and 1801.  In 1801 he is still in his first marriage, so the couple 'should' be recorded with Peder somewhere in the 1787 census.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Linda Sathre

Thank you, Ralph. I have been looking for them in different areas of Merløse. Would it be more likely they came from somewhere near Aagerup? I'm not familiar with how things might have been for a tenant farmer and if they would relocate any distance. Thanks, again. I really appreciate your help. Linda

Ralph Rasmussen

In the years before 1789, movement of men was practically restricted to parishes under the same manor.  You can get some idea of those associations from which probates are grouped under respective manors or ownership.

After 1789 those old associations could very well influence where someone was offered a chance to manage, perhaps even own, a farm.

In other words, a particularly skilled manager might move a relatively long distance for the era because of those old associations.

As a good guess as to Hans Sørensen's birth year is 1744, there may be a hint in Oeders survey of 1772 of married men and widows/widowers in Sjælland.

mvh
-Ralph

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Linda Sathre

Hi Ralph,
Where would I locate the Oeders survey of 1772 of married men and widows/widowers in Sjælland? I went through the 1787 census yesterday afternoon and found one Hans Sørensen and Maren Larsdatter. The ages were wrong and there was no Peter! I will look again today...but, I imagine there are people who get lost and records that are missing just like in the old U.S. census records. I have been looking for Ellen's family off and on for many years....they seem to very good at hiding from me!
Thanks again for your interesting information and suggestions. Linda

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Linda,

Perhaps your ancestors

Hans Sørensen and Maren Larsdatter married in Nørre Jrenløse, Merløse, Holbæk in 1771, 1769-1773, opslag 82.

Peer Hansen born to Hans Sørensen and Maren Larsdatter, baptized in Stenmagle, Alsted, Sorø 15 p. Trin., 1773, opslag 32.

Sincerely,
Paul

Flemming A. Aasklint

Hi

Paul I agree - we have to go to Stenmagle Parish.

All persons in the household

Sorø, Alsted, Stenmagle, Assentorp Bye, , , 92,

FT-1787

Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:

Hans Pedersen      41    Gift   Hosbonde   gaardmd   
Maren Larsdatter   36    Gift   Madmoder      
Hans Hansen      15    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Peder Hansen      13    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Lars Hansen      7    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Anders Hansen      3    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Johanne Hansdatter   10    Ugift   Deres Børn

---

All persons in the household

Sorø, Alsted, Stenmagle, Assentorp Bye, , , 93,

FT-1787

Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:

Hans Sørensen      48    Gift   Hosbonde   gaardmd   
Anne Pedersdatter   48    Gift   Madmoder      
Kirsten Hansdatter   21    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Lars Hansen      17    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Jens Hansen      8    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Søren Hansen      3    Ugift   Deres Børn      
Sidse Hansdatter   5    Ugift   Deres Børn

--------

The original census( Stenmagle sogn,Sorø Amt,Opslag 10/11)
also have Hans Pederen/Maren Larsdatter and Hans Sørensen/
Anne Pedersdatter - that must be a mistake.
If you look at the childrens baptizm:
Hans Sørensen/Maren Larsdatter have the children Hans,Peder and Lars.
Hans Pedersen/Anne Pedersdatter have the children Kirsten and Lars.

----

The church record(baptizm) is missing between 1777 and 1797.

---
http://myweb.cableone.net/jopassey/erikshmx.htm

Hans Hansen bmd i Arnakke         18 Sep 1829               pg 284 293
WIFE:   Ane Hansdtr
CH:     Ane Kirstine Hansdtr      20 ugivt
        Niels Hansen              18
        Jens Hansen               15
        Hans Hansen               6
gd: Peder Hansen selv.bmd i Holbechs Old
wgd: Peder Thomasen hmd & tommermand i Kongstrup
[Eriksholm Gods, Holbk-Khvn-Soro; Bk 2 1805-1850; FHL film 41143]

----------

Anders Hansen gmd i Aagerup       22 Jan 1831               pg 320 343
2 WIFE: Ane Cathrine Pedersdtr
CH:     Peder Andersen            1
1 WIFE: ...
CH:     Hans Andersen    15
        Ole Andersen     7
        Lars Andersen    4
        Ane Andersdtr    17/14
        Maren Andersdtr  10
BRO:    Peder Hansen selv.bmd i Holbechs Old
wgd: Niels Pedersen gmd i Hollese  / ungkarl Christen Pedersen i Aagerup
[Eriksholm Gods, Holbk-Khvn-Soro; Bk 2 1805-1850; FHL film 41143]

--
Hans Hansen
died 19 august 1829 in Aagerup Parish . 57½ years old - born in Assentorp,Stenmagle Parish
buried 23 august 1829 in Aagerup Parish.

Ågerup Sogn,Holbæk Amt
1814-1837
Opslag 239

Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

Ralph Rasmussen

Oeders is 1771, not 1772.  Oeders efterretning (O.E.) is a search option at Dansk Demografisk Databas (DDD).  It just misses Hans Sørensens marriage, but could be a help estimating the age of his father, once you have a name.

You now have many more answers than I would pretend to be able to find.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Linda Sathre

Paul and Flemming,

Thank you so much! Now, I can continue on....I have been looking so long as well as wondering about the age gap between Peder and Anders. I thought there must be more children. The only children listed on the 1801 census are Peder, Anders and Ellen. I appreciate your help so much. I'm so happy to have this information. Sincerely, Linda Sathre