Jens Jørgensen / Else Katrine Nielsdr - Boldrup, Stenild sogn

Startet af Rick Larsen, 25 Mar 2011 - 10:22

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Rick Larsen

Hi,

I need help finding a parental line. Can anyone help?

Jens Jørgensen died in Boldrup, Stenild sogn on 24 Sep 1811, aged 33 years, leaving behind a widow and only one known child, Jørgen Jensen, who was born in Stenild earlier that same year [Stenild 1807-1812, Opslag 14].

His widow, Else {Katrine} Nielsdr, remarried to Søren Nielsen in Stenild on 7 Apr 1812 [Stenild 1807-1812, Opslag 12].

Jens Jørgensen and Else {Katrine} Nielsdr were not married in Stenild or in any of the surrounding parishes, from what I have seen. Furthermore, they do not appear in the 1787 census of Stenild when they would both have been 8 or 9 years old. Neither of them appear in the 1801 census of Stenild when they would both have been 22 or 23 years old.

All of this is good news, because the parish records for the time of their births (circa 1778) do not exist.

But, I cannot find where they came from before they arrived in Stenild in about 1811. Does anyone have access to Jens' military records or other source information that might give me the parish they arrived from and at least his father's name?

I have a posting in the group "Find your Family in Denmark" that provides some more detailed information about the couple, but nothing that answers this baisc question. Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,
Rick Larsen, Luxembourg