Parents of Søren Madsen

Startet af Sue Murphy, 12 Mar 2011 - 04:52

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Sue Murphy

:) I am looking for parents of Søren Madsen.  I have the following information:
BORN about 1820 Yderby, Vestsjalland, Denmark (info from marriage record and 1870 census)

MARRIED Magdalene Hermansen on 12 Oct 1855 (35 years old and lived at Knabostraede 134) Record can be found at:  data_kirkeboeger_006_2_017_K05-27-A

OCCUPATION was pakhuuskarl which I think is a warehouse person?

CHILDREN were Peter Herman Madsen b.1856; Otto Christian Madsen b. 1860; Anna Elisabeth Magdalene Madsen b. 1862; Søren Valdemar Marsen b. 1863 and Hans Madsen b. 1865.  All children were born/baptised in the Vor Frue area.

CENSUS 1870 has him residing still in Kobenhavn with his occupation as pub owner.

DEATH I have been unable to find but have been told he was lost at sea.

Hope all this information helps me to track down his family. 

Thank you very much,
Cheers!
Sue, Melbourne, Australia

Ib Hansen

Hi,

Søren was born in 1815 (Holbæk, Odden 1813-1850, opslag 8). Parents were Mads Pedersen in Yderby and Karen Jensdatter. You ca also find his confirmation Holbæk Odden 1813-1850, opslag 172).

Many regards
Ib

Ib Hansen

Hi again,

Mads Pedersen and Karen Jensdatter married in Odden (1800-1814 opslag 61) in 1803.

Mads died in Odden (1813-1860, opslag 399) in 1831, 63 years old.

Many regards
Ib

Sue Murphy

:o My goodness you are so fast!  I have been searching for months for his parents. 

Do you mind me asking where/how you found the information?  I searched what I thought was most of the birth records in and around Yderby and found nothing.  I am now wondering whether he had any siblings??

Really appreciate your help, it has been invaluable.

Cheers!
Sue

Sue Murphy

One more question please?  In some of the information I have he is SOREN, or SÖREN (just found something written by his son with name like this) and also SØREN?  I gather they're all very different in the Danish language but am unsure whether that means we could have the wrong SOREN.

Thanks for your help,
Cheers!
Sue

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Sue,

This might be Søren as a servant:

holbaek, Ods, Odden, Overbye, , en Gaard, 40, FT-1834 Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Mads Christophersen 31  Gift  Gaardmand 
Anne Jensdatter 47  Gift  Hans kone 
Anne Kirstine Larsdatter 17  Ugift  Deres Datter 
Kirsten Nielsdatter 27  Ugift  Tjenestefolk 
Søren Madsen 19  Ugift  Tjenestefolk  Peder Pedersen 18  Ugift  Tjenestefolk

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Sue,

Perhaps this is your Mads Petersen (Pedersen) as a servant in 1801:

holbaek, Ods, Odden, Yderbye, , , 8, FT-1801 Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Unge Lars Petersen 35  Gift Huusbonde Bonde og Gaardbeboer 
Anna Larsdatter 60  Gift Hans kone   
Mads Petersen 33  Ugift Tjenestekarl    Inger Larsdatter 45  Ugift Konens Søster Vanfør og vanvittig 
Inger Kirstine Rasmusdatter 27  Ugift Tjenestepige

In 1801 you will find 2 Karen Jensdatter - both 21 years old. One of them could be an option?

Lissa

Jørgen Sørensen

Can see I am late ;) I mean there is a Søren Madsen in
Odden Ods Holbæk 1813 1860 - opslag 16 #6 vist 1. november 1820
Venligst Jørgen - 2300

Flemming A. Aasklint

Citat fra: Jørgen Sørensen Dato 13 Mar 2011 - 12:16
Can see I am late ;) I mean there is a Søren Madsen in
Odden Ods Holbæk 1813 1860 - opslag 16 #6 vist 1. november 1820

His name is  Søren Bladsen- not Madsen
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

Ib Hansen

Hej Flemming,

Det ser ud som om Sue er lidt usikker på årstallet for fødslen. Der ER en Søren Madsen, født i 1815, jf. mit tidligere indlæg.

To Sue:

Soren, Sören and Søren is the same spelling (in english and danish).
There is a Sørem Madsen, born in 1815 in Yderby, Odden parish.

Many regards
Ib

Ib Hansen

Hi again,

There are at least two siblings:

Samtlige personer i husstanden

Holbæk, Ods, Odden, Yderbye, et Huus, 51, FT-1834, B4686
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Niels Andersen 30  Gift  Huusmand 
Sidse Madsdatter 30  Gift  Hans kone  (daugther of Karen)
Karen Jensdatter 53  Enke(mand)  Inderste og Aftægtskone  (Widow and pensioner)
Hans Madsen 13  Ugift  Hendes Søn  (Her son)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many regards
Ib

Sue Murphy

Hi all, really appreciate all your help but I'm afraid I'm becoming more confused!  Being ignorant of Danish names I am wondering how one would ever know that this is the Soren I am after - is it just because the dates seem to be correct or is there some other way to prove this is my GGG Soren?  I understand his father would have been called "Mads" and he is the son so therefore "Madsen" but Pederson?  And on the Confirmerede it has Karen Jens so is it to be assumed that she's Jensdatter because she's Jens daughter?  I'm beginning to understand (I think  ;D).

Cheers!
Sue

Flemming A. Aasklint

Citat fra: Ib Hansen Dato 13 Mar 2011 - 12:47
Hej Flemming,

Det ser ud som om Sue er lidt usikker på årstallet for fødslen. Der ER en Søren Madsen, født i 1815, jf. mit tidligere indlæg.

Ja alderen svinger lidt.

Ved vielsen i 1855 er han 35,
i FKT 1860 er han 42 og i 1870
er han 54.

Søren Madsen, født 1 december 1815 er også
den eneste jeg kan finde mellem 1813 og 1825.
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

Ib Hansen

Hi Sue,

You are right.

Until appr. 1845-1950 the "normal" rule was, that "Jens Hansens" son Mads was called Mads Jensen (son of Jens) and the daughter Katrine was called Katrine Jensdatter (daughter of Jens).

Therefor, Søren Madsen is "Søren (the) son of Mads". His father first name then MUST be Mads

Many regards
Ib

Sue Murphy

Thanks so much everyone.  I will work on that.
Cheers!
Sue