translations Kværndrup Parish

Startet af Marlon Henvit, 09 Mar 2011 - 00:19

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Marlon Henvit

I am in need of two translations from Kværndrup Parish.

The first is from the book 1753 - 1761, Opslag 34 2nd column, marriage of Nielsen/Christophersdatter 17 November 1758.

The second from 1762 - 1798, Opslag 4, 1st column the death of Kirsten Christophersdatter 30 December 1761. Is there any indication this was a result of childbirth?

Thank you.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Karin Jørgensen

It is only a T = Trunderup (the village).

But - after her death there is a record. You will find it on www.karins-historie.dk, chose "Godsskifter Fyn", then Egeskov, and seach Kirsten Christophersdatter. There you can see, that she had a daughter Anne 4 weeks old.

Karin

Marlon Henvit

Thank you Karin

Yes, I see the record. Does the last line of the record say her parents are Knud Hansen and wife? If that is true how could she have the name Christophersdatter?

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Karin Jørgensen

Yes! but her stepfather. You will find her mother: Anna Rasmusdatter, Trunderup, 26.4.1769, her fathers name Christopher Ibsen born in Kværndrup, but the churchbook is missing 1710-1753.

Karin

Marlon Henvit

Thank you again Karin. I assume these are transcribed probate records. I found something else while looking through them. I am wondering if the following record could be the 12 year old Peder Nielsen, Husband of Kirsten Christophersdatter? Again Thank you so much for your time.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Christen Hansen Ladefoged, Egeskov, V-45, 01.06.1735

Arvingerne er:
Laurs Hansen, Volstrup
Niels Hansen, Akkerup
Hans Hansen, Hostrup
†Morten Hansen, i Sallinge, børn: Rasmus Mortensen, 12 år, Birte Mortensdatter, 10 år værge Hans Pedersen, Vantinge
† Peder Hansen, hans børn: Hans Pedersen, 26 år, Hårby, Karen Pedersdatter ~ Lars Larsen, Hårby, Anne Pedersdatter, 16 år, værge Niels Hansen, Akkerup
† Jørgen Hansen i Hæsinge, børn: Karen Jørgensdatter ~ Peder Michelsen, Vester Hæsinge, Mette Jørgensdatter ~ Christen Christensen, Vester Hæsinge, Dorte Jørgensdatter, 26 år, lavværge Hans Hansen i Ø

Niels Ipsen, Trunderup, V-50, 13.05.1733
~1 Margrethe Olufsdatter, 19.06.1723
børn
Jep Nielsen, 32 år
Knud Nielsen, 26 år
Anne Nielsdatter, 24 år, værge Niels Nielsen, Trunderup
Hans Nielsen, 21 år
Kirsten Nielsdatter, 17 år, værge Niels Nielsen, Trunderup
~ 2 Anna Hansdatter, lavværge Jakob Hansen
børn
Peder Nielsen, 12 år
Lars Nielsen, 9 år, tvilling
Margrete Nielsdatter, 9 år, tvilling
Bodil Nielsdatter, 6 år
Niels Nielsen, 3 år
Ansatte værger Anders Jensen i og Hans Mikkelsen i Trunderup

Karin Jørgensen

It could be the Peder Nielsen. Try to have a look at "Kirkebøger Fyn, registre, Kværndrup".
Niels Ibsen and Lars Ibsen are brothers of Christopher Ibsen

And in the probate register:
Mette Hansdatter 04.04.1701
Maren Rasmusdatter. 27.01.1723
Rasmus Pedersen. 19.06.1731
Christopher Ibsen 07.08.1741.

Karin

Marlon Henvit

Hi Karin,

Thanks again for your suggestions. Will take me some time to follow through with them all. I may have more questions later. You have provided a wonderful service with your web site.

Thank you again.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Marlon Henvit

Hi Karin,

I have read the probates you suggested and believe I have found all I can from them. I also looked at "Kirkebøger Fyn, registre, Kværndrup". I found three entries for Christian Ibsen which I believe to be Christopher because it mentions his daughter Kirsten. I found one for Lars and three for Niels. I can't figure out what they are telling me.

What tells you that Lars and Niels are brothers of Christopher? Would Peder be a brother also as he is mentioned in Christopher's probate in relation to two of the children?

Also is the name Ibsen patronymic? If so what is the given name that it is derived from.

All of This has opened up another question but I will start a new thread.

Thanks again for your time and suggestions.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Karin Jørgensen

Hi Marlon.

My English is poor but I will try:

The church book 1657-1710 for Kværndrup:
Jep Christophersen: 1691, latære: born Niels = Niels Ibsen (Ibsen = Ipsen = Jeppesen = Jep's son)
same 1695, 4 advent: born Hans Ibsen
same 1698, 8 pt born Christopher Ibsen.

and: farbror is fathers brother.

I have an another information: Christopher Ibsen had the farm in Trunderup 28.4.1740 from Rasmus Pedersen (the father of Anne Rasmusdatter).

And look at:
Mette Christiansdatter, 01.10.1742
Margrethe Olufsdatter, 19.06.1723
Birthe Hansdatter, 13.04.1701.

And have another look at: Niels Nielsen, 01.12.1794 : his wife Margrethe Andersdatter is (maybee) the sister of my ggg grandfather. I am woorking on it too.

Yours Karin

Marlon Henvit

Hi Karin,

Your English is certainly much better than my Danish. Thank you again. I was planning on another post for this but since you brought up Rasmus Pedersen, what do you think of this?

am attempting to establish a sibling relationship between Sidsel (Cidzell) Pedersdatter and Rasmus Pedersen. This is what I have found.

In transcribed Kværndrup records

http://www.karins-historie.dk/kirkeboger/kvarndrup1756-1798.pdf

Peder Rasmussen from Falde has the following children

1.Cidtzell born 1662
  2. Rasmus born 1668
  3. Ane born 1671

Sidsel Pedersdatter married Jens Hansen 4 December 1692 recorded in Kværndrup. Jens died in 1704 (05.05.1704) . According to probate records found at: http://www.karins-historie.dk/skifter/egeskov.htm Rasmus Pedersen from Falle was made guardian of two of the children.

I know this is circumstantial but is it enough make one believe they are brother and sister? Sidsel dies in 1721 but no age given in probate and of course parish records do not exist for that time frame. Jens Hansen's age is given as 48 when he dies in 1704. That would make him 6 years older than the Cidtzell I have found and that is a reasonable age difference.

Any additional suggestions would be appreciated.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Karin Jørgensen

Hi

It is the wrong Rasmus Pedersen.

Rasmus from Falde you will find +: 07.02.1713.
But there are relations: Sidsel (08.01.1721)~ Jens Hansen +5.4.1704, ~ 2 Anders Hansen (04.05.1740) he ~ 2 Dorthe Hansdatter : Jens Andersen *1723 (my gggg) Jeppe Andersen *1727 and Margrethe Andersdatter *1730 ?~ Niels Nielsen (01.12.1794) (brother to Peder Nielsen).

Try again - Karin

Marlon Henvit

That is too bad. Jens Sidsel Pedersdatter are my (gggggg) I was hoping to get a father for Sidsel. These relationships are so interesting.

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

Best Regards,

Marlon

Karin Jørgensen

Hi - I think you misunderstand me. The churchbook say:

Peder Rasmussen, Falde, ~   Pernille Rasmusdatter, 1665   op.17   
Peder Rasmussen, Falde, 27.08.1665, op.18   Sidsel Pedersdatter døbt (+1721)
Peder Rasmussen, Falde, 12.04.1668, op.22   Rasmus Pedersen døbt (+1713)
Peder Rasmussen, Falde, 30.04.1671, op.27   Anne Pedersdatter døbt

Rasmus Sørensen, Falde, 1665, op.19   +
Rasmus Sørensen, Falde, 1671, op.27   Karen, Rasmus Sørensens +.

Owner of Falde 1658 is Rasmus Sørensen, 1662 a list says Pernille (she is maybee the daughter)

The "wrong" Rasmus Pedersen, + 1731 ~ 1 Mette Hansdatter (daughter Anne Rasmusdatter ~ Christopher Ibsen), ~ 2 Cathrine Christensdatter.

But it is so difficult. I am now transcriping the old churchbook. Till now 1672 but I will go on.

Best regards Karin

Marlon Henvit

Hi Karin,

I am not sure I understand even now. My goal was if Sidsel Pedersdatter and Rasmus Petersen were brother and sister then maybe that would increase the chance that Peder Rasmussen was their father.

I am afraid I am not very good at connecting these relationships.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Marlon

Karin Jørgensen

Hi.

What I am meaning is, that Peder Rasmussen on Falde (Falde is a farm) is the father of Sidsel, Rasmus and Anne.
He married Pernille, who I think is the daughter of Rasmus Sørensen.

I have tried to send you a privite mail with the transcripted churchbook.

Op.20 means the number 20 in Kværndrup Kirkebog 1658-1709 from arkivalieronline.dk.

Regards Karin

Marlon Henvit

Hi Karen,

OK now I think I understand. Do we know the father of the wrong Rasmus Pedersen?

Regards, 

Marlon