Translation of Postcard

Startet af Brian Jorgenson, 07 Mar 2011 - 03:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Brian Jorgenson

I recently acquired a postcard sent to my great-great-aunt from somebody in Denmark. I need help translating the text. I can make out some of the words but not all. Attached is a photo of the writing.

Thanks,
Brian

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Kim Melchior

Hi

It is fairly easy to read, however, part of the text has been cut of on the right side of the card.

Can you provide a picture with the full text, then it would be a lot easier to translate the whole thing.

Kim Melchior (USA)

Nancy Petersen

Dear cousin. I am ashamed to write that I can not remember if I sent letter to you,
since your last. Now you get a greeting with a picture of my living room and myself. In the summer
I am going to be teacher at a folk high school and leave in a few days and therefore busy. Write only to the old address
Love to you all from your Kirstine.

Regards
Nancy

Brian Jorgenson

Citat fra: Nancy Petersen Dato 07 Mar 2011 - 09:35
Dear cousin. I am ashamed to write that I can not remember if I sent letter to you,
since your last. Now you get a greeting with a picture of my living room and myself. In the summer
I am going to be teacher at a folk high school and leave in a few days and therefore busy. Write only to the old address
Love to you all from your Kirstine.

Regards
Nancy

Thanks you very much.

Brian Jorgenson

Citat fra: Kim Melchior Dato 07 Mar 2011 - 05:46
Hi

It is fairly easy to read, however, part of the text has been cut of on the right side of the card.

Can you provide a picture with the full text, then it would be a lot easier to translate the whole thing.

Kim Melchior (USA)

There is a scrollbar at the bottom of the image that allows you to view the right side.