Seeking Parents of Stepdaughter

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 05 Mar 2011 - 21:48

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

In the marriage record (AO 1761 Marriage Anna Sørensdatter1759-1781 Tved Hillerslev Thisted opslag 4 pg 3 #6) for Anna Sørensdatter it indicates that she is the STEPDAUGHTER of Peder Kiær.

How would one go about seeking her biological parents?

My thought is: Starting in Tved because she was married there and died there, seek for the name of Anna with a father named Søren with witnesses/Godparents one of whom will be named Peder Kiær?

Based on her burial entry (AO 1769 Death 1759-1781 Tved Hillerslev Thisted opslag 51 pg 33 1769 #7) age of 36 I calculate her birth date about 1733. But I am wondering what approach would be best to seek her birth date entry to find biological parents.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Gitte Hovedskov

Hi Lynn

I would have thought the logical approach would be to find out who was Peder Kiær's wife, as she would be Anna Sørensdatter's mother. Once you find their marriage record, it would most likely say "Enke efter Søren X, [name of mother]" and you would have both of her parents' names.

Happy hunting

Gitte  :)

Ralph Rasmussen

Is Anna probably Anne, baptized 21 March 1734, daughter of Søren Jensen and Karen (last name omitted)?

Neither Family search nor my eyes can pin down Søren Jensen's or Peder Kiær's marriages.  Unfortunately, when you do see Peder's marriage it may be lacking the details you want.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lynn Christiansen

Ralph---

I am sorry but I do not find the entry you make reference to

CitatIs Anna probably Anne, baptized 21 March 1734, daughter of Søren Jensen and Karen (last name omitted)?

Sogn and opslag???

I looked at Nors-Tved 1675-1735 opslag 130 through 133 and do not see the entry.

Thank you all for the feedback

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Lynn
175-1735, opslag 247: Søren Jensen and Karen ved Kiærets i Tved
Ruth

Lynn Christiansen

Ruth---

I am assuming "175-1735" is suppose to be "1675-1735"

When I look at opslag 247 I do not find the reference
CitatSøren Jensen and Karen ved Kiærets i Tved
you make.

If I might inquiry which entry did you find this in?

Ralph Rasmussen

The second entry from the bottom, d. 21 Martii døbt Søren Jensens etc.

Remember that each of the parishes in the combined books has its own series.  Look at the first or second fiche for something of an index.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Lynn, it is Nors-Tved 1675-1735, entry 247

Entry number 3 - the name Anne at the side on the record - and as Ralph says it is the second entry from the bottom.

Ruth