Fischer brothers in Iceland

Startet af Tomas Albertsson, 04 Jun 2014 - 23:48

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Tomas Albertsson

I am looking for parents to:

Hermann Fischer, f. um 1815 á Sjálandi,
Factor í Schmidtshúsi 1840, í Flensborgar höndlunarhúsi 1845.

and

Waldemar Christopher Fischer, f. um 1822 á Sjálandi,
Factor í Flensborgarhöndllunarhúsi 1845 í Reykjavík. (W.Ch.H. Fischer).

Thanks
Tómas V. Albertsson

Inger Buchard

First some questions:
What was his occupation?
is Flensborger Hondlunarhusi a Comtoir for trade with Flensburg?

No trace of a Herman Fischer in the census 1834 of the parishes in Sealand, but in Jutland I found:

http://ddd.dda.dk/nygaard/visning_billed.asp?id=94549&sort=e
clerk at Lerbæk in Hover, Vejle amt
Could this be your Herman Fischer:

His father was according to the above quoted Nygaards sedler
Johan Andreas Fischer, grocer in Vejle
http://ddd.dda.dk/nygaard/visning_billed.asp?id=94646&sort=e

Inger

Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Tomas Albertsson

Thank you very much,

here is more info:

Both of them were business men, I know that Waldemar Christopher Fischer (b: 1822!) came 14 years old to Iceland and married 1855, an Icelandic woman, Arndis, and lived in Köbenhavn from 1859, he died in Köbenhavn  22/11/1888, They had 3 children, 2 girls and a son who took over the business.

About Herman is less known, he married 1838 Sophie Magdalene Magnúsdóttir (b. 1812) they are not in census 1850 so they have probably left Iceland around 1849-50.

best wishes
Tómas

Michele McNabb

Tomas:
I am currently working on this Fischer family for one of our patrons here at the Museum of Danish America in Elk Horn, Iowa. 

Waldemar Christopher Hartvig Fischer was born in Tikøb parish, Frederiksborg Co.  in 1823 (bap. 13 July 1823) to parents royal forester Heinrich Georg Friederich Fischer (1782-1829) and wife, Mette Elisabeth Petersen/Pedersen (1789-1857).   

I believe Hermann Fischer (born Sept. 1815, d. 1848 according to my patron's undocumented records) is an older brother, but have not yet been able to prove this. If so, he was gone from his widowed mother's household in 1834.  My interest is in a Johan Herman Fischer born in Iceland or Denmark on 15 Jan 1837/15 Dec 1837/Dec 1840, who I think may have been Hermann Fisher's son.  JHF was a private pupil in Vester Egede parish, Præstø Co. in 1855, supposedly later took an agricultural degree (although I'm dubious about this) and emigrated to Minnesota in the US ca1875.  My direct email is: librarian@danishmuseum.org if you think this is the right person.

Michele McNabb

Poul-Erik Langvad

There is a Herman Fischer born 1. sept. 1815 in Tikøb (Frederiksborg, Tikøb 1812 - 1825 opslag 28 Ny udgave) son of Heinrich Georg Friederich Fischer and Mette Elsabeth Pedersen.

Waldemar Christopher Hartvig Fischer was born in Tikøb 13. dec. 1822 (opslag 91).

I do not see his "konfirmation" in Tikøb but his father died in 1829 and he may have moved to another parish. Perhaps Michele can tell us more.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik