leder efter Niels Christian Eden Jensen født 14. oktober 1855, ukendt sted

Startet af Lennart Fensmark Frederiksen, 12 Apr 2014 - 19:27

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lennart Fensmark Frederiksen

hej
hvis der er en der falder over en Niels Christian Eden Jensen, født 14. oktober 1855 i Danmark,
emigreret 1885 til USA,
død på sin fødselsdag 14. oktober 1917 i Eagle Bend, Todd County, Minnesota, USA

er muligvis viet i Danmark til Anne Tena Christensen, født december 1857
vielsen 6. januar 1880 er sandsynligvis forkert, da hun først er emigreret 1887
ifølge efterkommer i USA

jeg har været alle sognene igennem for Ålborg, Hjørring og Thisted amt

Lennart

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=JE&GSpartial=1&GSbyrel=all&GSst=25&GScntry=4&GSsr=5041&GRid=51388431&

Birth: Oct. 14, 1855, Denmark Death: Oct. 14, 1917
Todd County
Minnesota, USA
Nels was born in Denmark. All we have learned of his family so far is that his brother was believed to be a professor in the old country.

In the US, Nels was a farmer and harness maker. He and his wife, Anna Tena Christiansen (also from Denmark), were marred on January 6, 1880, in Freeborn County. They settled in a well-known Danish community, Spencer, Iowa. There, he and his young wife had four sons: Moray (1888), Charles (1890), William (1895) and Clarence (1898).

Nels and family immigrated to Minnesota around 1897 and settled in Wykeham, Todd County, MN. Unfortunately, Anna passed away in 1902, leaving Nels with the challenge of raising four young boys on his own.

Ever resourceful, Nels did an amazing thing. He knew of a Swedish woman whose husband had unjustly committed her to Fergus Falls State Hospital and left her two daughters in the care of neighbors. Nels signed this woman, Ida Mary Erickson, out of the hospital, married her and adopted her daughters, Jennie and Anna.

He and (Ida) Mary were married until his death in Wykeham.

så al hjælp er velkommen

Lennart