Help find "Store Kannikestraede 30" on 1840 census

Startet af Ruth Becker Morenz, 09 Jan 2014 - 21:07

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ruth Becker Morenz

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell what "Quarter" or Neighborhood the following address might be found in when looking at the 1840 Censuses.

Store Kannikestraede 30

That is the address that is listed for Jacob Cappel Hansen and Marie Bonderup (my 3x great-grandparents) on a birth record for their son from Vor Frue.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Lissa Pedersen

It's Klædebo quarter. You will find Klædebo I and Klædebo II and must try both. This is found here: www.fogsgaard.org under KHB gader (Copenhagen streets):

Store Kannikestræde

Kvarter: Klædebo (quarter)
Sognetilhør i 1890: Vor Frue (belonging to parish ....)
Sognetilhør i 1918: Vor Frue (ditto)
Øvrige forhold i 1918:
                  Postdistrikt: K (postal district)
               Politikreds: 1 (police district)
                  Forsørgelsesdistrikt: 3A
                  Værgerådskreds: 4

Lissa

Peter Kristiansen

Store Kannikestræde is in Klædebo kvarter.

Try to look them up at www.ddd.dda.dk

I've tried to find them in the 1840-census but failed. Can you give the reference to the baptism in Vor Frue?
M.v.h. Peter Kristiansen

Gitte Johansen

Venlig hilsen
Gitte Johansen 8520 Lystrup

gittejohansen(snabel a)rocketmail.com

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Lissa and Peter,

Thank you so much for your help.  I will be sure to look there and hopefully find them.

I found that address in the Vor Frue birth record for their 2nd child, Eduard Emil Bonderup Hansen, born 29 Jan 1841.  They are also listed on that street on the birth record for their 3rd child, Augusta, who was born 29 Jan 1843.

My 2x great-grandmother, who was their oldest child, was born on 3 Mar 1839 where I found her record at 1832-1839 Den Kgl Fodsellsstiflelse, Opslag 443.  Marie Bonderup was a maid at the palace when she was 18.  I found her on the 1834 census there.

I have not been able to find Jacob's and Marie wedding date and was hoping that if I could find them in the 1840 census, it might bring me closer to finding the marriage record.

I found them in 1845 and 1850 but not in 1840.

Thanks again so very much for your help.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Inger Toudal

The family is here:

København, København (Staden), Rosenborg Kvarter, Springgaden i Huset No 21, 1ste Bagsal, 112, FT-1840, C5186
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Position in household:      Occupation:      
Jacob Capel Hansen    29    Gift       Snekersvend    
Marie Bundrup    24    Gift       hans Kone    
Jacobine Hansen    1    Ugift       deres Datter

København, København (Staden), Vester Kvarter, Vester Kvarter, Mikkel Bryggersgade 101, 2 Bagsal, 1, FT-1845, C4240
Name:    Age:    Marital status:      Position in household:      Occupation:      Birth place:
Jacob Bappel Hansen    35    Gift       Snedkersvend    Gieren
Marie Bondrop    27    Gift       hans Kone    Aalborg
Jacobine Hansine Hansen    6    Ugift       deres Børn    Kjøbenhavn
Eduar Emil Hansen    5    Ugift       deres Børn    Kjøbenhavn
Gustave Friderike Hansen    3    Ugift       deres Børn    Kjøbenhavn
Jens Christian Warming    29    Ugift       Skrædersvend, logerende    Haarsens
Carl Friderich Warming    26    Ugift       Snedkersvend, logerende    Haarsens

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Gitte,

I just saw your posting after I posted my reply to Lissa and Peter,

Thank you so much for sending the link to the census.  Sadly, they are not on it.  I will continue to look for them in the census and in church records.

I so appreciate the time you took to do this for me.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Inger,

THANK YOU.  I have said this before, but there are so many kind people on this site who have helped me so much.  I SO APPRECIATE it.

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

PS  I have finally planned a trip to Copenhagen at the end of May of this year and I am so looking forward to walking the streets that my ancestors walked.  Cannot wait.

Lissa Pedersen

kbhv, København (Staden), Nørre Kvarter, Nørre Kvarter I, , Studiestræde 70, forhuset, anden sal, 429, FT-1850

Name:   Age:   Marital status:   Occupation in household:   Occupation:   Birth place:
Jacob Cappel Hansen   37   Gift      snedkerswend, huusfader   Grenaa
Marie Bording   33   Gift      hans kone   Aalborg
Jacobine Hansen   12   Ugift      deres börn   Kjøbenhavn
Eduart H.   10   Ugift      deres börn   Do.
Emilie H.   8   Ugift      deres börn   Do.
Frederik H.   5   Ugift      deres börn   Do.
Jens Christian Warming   33   Ugift      skrædersvend, logerende   Horsens

Extract from:
kbhv, København (Staden), Vartov Hospital, Vartou Hospital, , Vartou Hospital 9. Opgang, , FT-1885

Name:   Age:   Marital status:   Occupation in household:   Occupation:   Birth place:
Jacob Coppel Hansen   73   Enkemand   Lemmer i væsentlig grad af Understøttelse      Gjerrild, Randers

Lissa

Peter Kristiansen

FT 1840: Springgaden 21 = The street doesn't exist anymore. It disappeared in the 1960's in one of the more scandalous attempts to make Copenhagen a "modern" city. To day it's the northern part of Pilestræde, just east of Trinitatis church.

FT 1845: Mikkel Bryggersgade 101 = 6 - the present house is from app. 1890 or newer.

FT 1850: Studiestræde 70 = Studiestræde 39 - the present house is from ca. 1800.

FT 1885: Vartov in Vester Voldgade - the building was built 1724/25 as hospital and home for old people - but houses today a place for studying and conferences.

M.v.h. Peter Kristiansen

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Peter,

Thank you so much for that information.  I figure that many of the streets/buildings are gone but it is very important to me to see the city and walk the neighborhoods where they lived and visit the churches where they were baptised, etc.

Everyone is so kind.  Thank you again!!

Respectfully,
Ruth Becker Morenz

Ruth Becker Morenz

Dear Lissa,

The two police records you sent me were indeed their son and his wife.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
Ruth Becker Morenz