Koebmand Hans Mathias Tofte. Aalborg

Startet af Karin Tofte Rosenstrom, 24 Okt 2013 - 01:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Karin Tofte Rosenstrom

He got a "Borgerbrev" as "Koebmand" March 26. 1819 in Aalborg. Prior to that he was an Icelandic Merchant. His wife Kristiane Marie (b) Jensen, died August 8, 1820 acc. Vor Frelser, Aalborg. Their daughter Hansine Martine was baptized March 2, 1813 and buried  July 24, 1813 Vor Frelsers, Aalborg.
Have not been able to find their marriage record.
I found the record's of his daughter's and wife's burial at Vor Frue, but there's no address.
How can I find out what happened to him after his wife's death and where they/he lived?
Dorthe

Heidi Ilsoee

Hans Mathias Tofte and Kristiane Marie Jensen have a son: Hans Johansen born 10.09.1803 in Helligaand parish, Copenhagen. (Arkivalieronline (AO) Helligånd, København 1793-1813 - lookup 67 - number 5 on the left side)

A daughter Hansine Martine born 31.01.1805 is also found in the same churchbook lookup 76 - number 4 on the right side. She must also be dead in a early age, since the parents name another girl the same in 1813.

Adress in 1803+1805: Badstuestræde 82. Hans and Kristiane must have moved here between the census in 1801 and the birth of the son i 1803.

Here is Hans with his Family in 1801:
kbhv, København (Staden), Øster Kvarter, Øster Kvarter, Matr. 293, 881, FT-1801, A5021
Johan Hansen Tofte, Huus Eier 60 Gift Husbonde Islandsk Købmand og Skipper 
Anna Chatrine Tofte 52 Gift hans Kone   
Hans Mattias Tofte 18 Ugift deres Søn Islandsk Købmand  
Jens Severin Tofte 15 Ugift deres Søn Assistent 
Johan Hansen Tofte 7 Ugift deres Søn   
Maren Cathrine Tofte 20 Ugift deres Datter   
Bodil Tofte 10 Ugift deres Datter   
Kirstine Marie Rosenberg 25 Ugift Tienestepige

So maybe you should look for their marriage in Copenhagen.

Hans Mathias Tofte's brother Jens Severin Tofte's Family tree.
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/c/h/r/Per-olav-Christensen/PDFGENEO1.pdf

Heidi

Heidi Ilsoee

Just for information.

Hans Mathias Tofte's wifes burial can be seen in Ålborg, Vor Frue parish AO 1814-1823 lookup 199 number 24.

The daughter you mention Hansine Martine dead in Ålborg can be seen in Ålborg, Vor Frue 1778-1814 lookup 371 almost at the bottom.

Karin Tofte Rosenstrom

Heidi,

I thank for the info re. the two children born in Copenhagen. Found both of them died not even a year old.

Still didn't find the marriage record.

Also, can anyone make a suggestion as to how I find out where they lived in Aalborg around 1819-1820?
Dorthe