Knud Steffensen born 7 March 1850 Ribe

Startet af Virginia Orlowski, 15 Okt 2013 - 03:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Virginia Orlowski

I found Knud Steffensen's birth record in Skanderup, Anst, Ribe, 7 March 1850 and followed him until he arrived in Seest 14 November 1871.  After that I never found him again.  I know that all of his siblings went to the USA.  I keep hoping he will show up in the records somewhere, but I have not been able to find him. His parents were Stephen Mogensen Knudsen and Ane Marie Rasmussen.

John Wrenholt

I'm sure that you may have already done this, but I attempted to trace Knud's brother Rasmus/Robert. I thought maybe Knud would be mentioned in one of the churchbook records for Rasmus.

Rasmus was living in Bastrup in Vamdrup sogn, Ribe during the 1890 census (ops 126).  He has married Christiane Hansen (1873-1882 Vamdrup ops 176) and has three daughters:  Anne Marie (1867-1886 Ødis, Vejle ops 174), Hansine Margaret (1883-1889 Vamdrup ops 72) and Steffine (1889-1891 Vamdrup ops 21).  One of the witnesses at Hansine Margaret's christening was S. Steffensen (I assume this is Knud's brother Søren) of Vamdrup.  I found no mention of Knud.

If Knud stayed in the Ribe area, then hopefully you will be able to find him when the 1890 census records are transcribed and entered into the database so that they are searchable.