Christening Record of Anders Pedersen in Fanefjord 1778

Startet af Ric Rasmussen, 09 Sep 2013 - 05:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ric Rasmussen

I am trying to find the birth/christening record of my ancestor, Anders Pedersen born in 1778 (based on his age at his marriage.)

It appears there are two individuals with the same name born in that parish in that year.  They both are in Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø 1777-1794.

The first one is Opslag 18 near the bottom of the first page.  I have had some help with the transcription and translation of that one.  However, I did not realize there were a couple of lines at the top of the second page.  Could I get some help with what the last line on the first page and the two lines on the second page say?

The second one is Opslag 20 at the top of the first page.  Could I please get some help with the transcription and translation of this record?

I know the place is Dame for the first Anders.  It looks like the place of birth begins with "B" for the second Anders.  I can't make out what it is for sure but it is not one of the more common places I am used to seeing in this parish.

I am interested to know the details of the second Anders to make sure I have the right one.  My relative's children were born in Dame and his wife was from Dame.  It would seem that he would be from Dame also so the first Anders would be my relative.  Does someone have some other suggestions on how to prove which one is my relative?

Thanks,

Ric
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

One otherwise reliable trick doesn't seem to help.  The 1788-1815 register, opslag 230 shows an Anders Pedersen confirmed in 1793 #8 and 1794 #2, but they are difficult to tie to the 1778 births.

It may come down to childrens' names and baptismal sponsors.

Are both of the Anders Pedersens in the 1787 and 1801 censuses?
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

I can find the first Anders in the 1787 census (with a step-father) but not in the 1801 census.  I'm not sure on the second one since I can't read his birth record I don't have the details to identify him specifically.

My ancestor is married in the parish in 1815 and appears in the 1834 census.

So far baptismal witnesses haven't given me much.  I'm hoping the information from the second Anders will help eliminate one or the other.

Thanks,

Ric
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

This may be the parents of the second Anders.

praestoe, Mønbo, Fanefjord, Bredemad, 9, 126, FT-1787, B2415
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv:

Peder Andersen 65  Gift Mand Huusmand 
Mette 45  Gift Kone   
Frands 9   Søn af dette Ægteskab

It's not such a stretch to read the father's name as Peder Andersen, and Bredemad certainly fits.

If there were burials for this period, you could square the circle.

Anders was presented by Anna, Hans Hansens wife.  Witnesses Hans Andersen's son Niels in T?, ..... Christen P.... .... ibid, Hans Hansen's 'pige' Johanne in Bredemad, Niels Hendrichsen's wife Karen in Villerup?
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ric Rasmussen

Interesting.  I agree those names seem to fit.  I had not heard of Bredemad in that parish before and haven't been able to find it on a map (of course I'm using modern maps).

So Anders should be 9 in 1787, so I guess the census taker just mis-wrote the name?

I will spend some time with this new info and see if I can find some more links.

Thanks.

Ric
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

'Frands' would be in his ninth year, not a full nine years plus.  That's according to the instructions for 1787 or 1801.  But there is no Frands in the baptismal record for 1779 or the corresponding confirmations.

That weakens my argument that the second Anders was gone, and that the second Anders found in the confirmations was born later.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen