Blessing-Sct.Mortens Church

Startet af Kathleen Mashburn, 11 Jan 2011 - 03:40

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Kathleen Mashburn

When a child is blessed  at a church - does the church keep a record of that and who attended?  If so - can someone help find who attended my Grandfather's blessing.

Jens Kristiansen Jensen - born 29/12/1877 in Randers - baptized in his home 31/1 1878 and blessed in Sct. Mortens Church Randers 19/6 1879.

Mother was Anine Jensen Jensen married to Rasmus Kristian Sorensen.  Jens biological father was Mikkel  Christiansen.

Thank you for any help.

Helmer Christiansen

In the parish register 1877-1883, Randers, Sankt Morten, opslag 6 # 225 is listed under the heading "baptism date either at church or home" that Jens Christiansen Jensen was baptized at home January 31st 1877 and in the church June 19th 1878.

Under the heading "Faddernes Navne, Stand, Haandtering og Opholdssted" (Sponsors name, position, trade and residence) is listed who was present at the high mass in the church: The mother, the girl Caroline Jensen and xxxxx  xxxxx
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Kathleen Mashburn

Thank you very much - I assume the xxx means it is unreadable???  Did it list what professions and I guess his biological father was not listed?
Again - thank you for taking the time.
Kathleen

Helmer Christiansen

As parents was listed the girl Anine Jensine Jensen, 19 year old, and alleged father farmhand Mikkel Christian Christiansen.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F