Translation of Death Record

Startet af Ric Rasmussen, 17 Mar 2013 - 23:18

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ric Rasmussen

I think this is the death record of my relative, Maren Jorgensdatter.  Could you help me with the translation so I could confirm that?  It is found in Praesto, Monbo, Bogo 1822-1847 Opslag 421

Thanks.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

Do you have a third record of her age?  This doesn't fall into the usual more or less of conflicting records.  Here born ca. 1774, at marriage born ca. 1785.

#5 d ?de Julij, d 8de Julij Maren Jørgensdatter,  .....-Kone, Lars Schovs Kone 54 Aar
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

I don't.  Based on the spouse's name, I think this is the right person.  I will look for a birth record.

Do you think the first name that is illegible is a first spouse?  Since she had two children before her marriage to Lars perhaps this was why?

I'm assuming the first column is death date and second column is burial date?

Thanks,

Ric
Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø

Ralph Rasmussen

The tone of the note is that she was about to have her third illegitimate child.  She is probably the Maren Jørgensdatter who had a child, Kirsten Erichsdatter, in 1802 (1760-1812, opslag 140).  The apparent second child doesn't seem to be in Bogø.

After 1814 it isn't that unusual to find the mother's age recorded at a birth.  Unfortunately, that's not the case in Bagø. 
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ric Rasmussen

Fanefjord, Mønbo, Præstø