Danish Boy Scouts

Startet af Paul Løndahl-Smidt, 22 Feb 2013 - 21:58

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

My father, Lauritz Bernhard Løndahl Smidt, was a member of the Danish Boy Scouts in the 1910s and early 1920s.  I have a picture of him in 1919 collecting goods for the Hungarians.  The picture was taken in København.  He said that he was a Knight-Scout.  Is there anyway that I can find his record?  Mange tak.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul Londahl-Smidt
North Carolina, USA
Fåborg    Barløse

Grethe Leerbech

Hey Paul
There are 2 movements: DDS-De danske spejdere -started in 1909 and they have Khakiruniforms and KFUM started in 1910 the weare Green uniforms (Shirts) with a red scarf.
KFUM- Kristelig forening for unge mænd.

Google them and your will se many local organisations and of course a headquartier for them both.

You can try to mail them both-the headquarters.

Also there was a Scout movement in Sønderjylland: DSS -Danske spejdere i Sønderjylland, but I think this is not of your interest.

God hunt

Grethe Helsingør
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Grethe Leerbech

Paul
You can also ask the museum- www.spejdermuseet.dk
The DDS organisations eldest group in Fyn was in Assens started in 1910

Grethe
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Grethe.  I will try to get in touch with both organizations.  I remember that my father had his Danish Boy Scout uniform when I was a child and it was definitely khaki.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Tak Vivi,

I also remember my father saying something about going to a Boy Scout jamboree in London.

Mvh
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Anne Kjems Simonsen

I found this information on Google:

"The 1st World Scout Jamboree was held from 30 July 1920 to 8 August 1920 and was hosted by the United Kingdom at Kensington Olympia in London."

Kind regards,
Anne
Anne K S

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Thank you so much for the information on the Scout Jamboree.   My father had a fascinating life in Denmark.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse