Can someone help me translate a couple of words?

Startet af Michelle Bie, 18 Sep 2012 - 04:19

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michelle Bie

Can someone tell me the name of the cemetery in my great-grandmother's death record in Odder, Aarhus, in 1931 - image 238 (1924-1938)? I know it is Odder (?) kirkegaard, what is the second word?

The fourth column tells her parents names, where she was born and her husband's name. What is the last line in that column under Magnus Löfgren? I tried putting what I thought it might be in google translator, but didn't get any translations so either the words don't translate to english or I'm not very good at deciphering the writing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michelle

lis larsen

In Aarhus,odder I can find a 1924-1936.when I go to 238 it is women,not men ?

Ralph Rasmussen

The burial was in Odder gamle (old) cemetary. 

She was 'Gift med Landmand Magnus Løfgren.  Sidst fælles Bopæl Odder'.  They last lived together in Odder - which can mean almost anything, e.g. that one or both of them was in care before her death.

'Med venlig hilsen'
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Michelle Bie

Thanks Ralph.

I was hoping that it would tell me where they lived in Odder. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

Do you think the cemetery would still be there? My great grandfather didn't die until Oct of 1948 and the church books aren't available yet for 1948. Or is there somewhere I could write to find out if Magnus was buried there too?

Thank you for the translation.
Michelle

Ralph Rasmussen

It's a long shot after this many years, but you may find his/their headstone.

Get your best crib notes on Danish, and look here:

http://www.dk-gravsten.dk/kirkeg/Odder_gamle.php

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Eva Morfiadakis

heima@km.dk

Michelle, this is the e-mail adress of the Odder cemetery's office. They will know if the grave is still there. You have the date of your great-grandmother's burial on the Odder Old Cemetery.
Write to them.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Michelle,

I looked at the link that Ralph mentioned. There are some Løfgren headstones, those of the sons,  but not those of your great-grandparents. I would conclude their graves have been removed but to be sure write to the adress I just gave you.

Eva M
Eva M

Michelle Bie

Thank you Eva and Ralph.

i looked at the site Ralph posted and those are the sons, daughter-in-laws and grandson of Magnus and Anna.

I also sent an email to see if I can find out if my great grandfather is also buried at Odder Gamle Kirkegård and if they could provide any additional information.

Michelle