Need translation

Startet af Michelle Bie, 02 Aug 2012 - 20:03

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michelle Bie

Please translate

1775-1813 Vor Frue Sokkelund København Opslag entry nbr 7

I think this is the marriage record I'm looking for but not positive.

I'm looking for bridegroom: Hans August Bie
                      bride:          Kirstine Kristensen or Christensen (I've seen it spelled both ways)
                      date:           Dec 21, 1809

On familysearch.org I found Vor Frue listed as the marriage place.

Med venlig hilsen
Michelle

Jens Viliam Froulund Villumsen

Hi Michelle.

I read:

Transcribed:
1809 December

d 21
Tiirsd

Hr Bie

Land-
inspekt.

Ung-
karl

Kirstine Kristensen

Pige

Huset

Translated:
Tuesday December 21st married surveyor Mr. Bie, bachelor, and maiden Kirstine Kristensen.
mvh. Jens
jens.villumsen@mail.tele.dk

Ulla Neill

Hi Michelle,

If you mean "opslag 109", I think you are right.

21st Saturday (December), Mr. Bie, registered land surveyer, bachelor (man not previously married), Kirstine Kristensen, maiden (girl not previously married), in the house (very difficult to read, but this is my guess)

regards, Ulla Neill

Ulla Neill

I noticed we differ in how to read the day, but the 21st of December 1809 is actually a Thursday.

Michelle Bie

Thank all of you for the translation information. Sorry I forgot to add the opslag number. I even looked at it before asking for the translation.

I wish it had given information for the parents, especially for Inger. I have been able to trace most of the Bie line of the family, but the families of the XX times great grandmothers families have not been as easy.

Does anyone have any suggestions for locating the information for those family members. For instance the information I have for Inger says she was born in Kobenhavn and the date. Looking through all the parish records is daunting but especially so if the handwriting isn't very legible. I can only pick out words here and only then if I can read them.

Med venlig hilsen
Michelle