need help to find these births

Startet af Julie , 10 Jul 2012 - 16:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Julie

Hi All

I need help to locate the births of Anton Mikkelsen on 22nd March 1848 in Vejlby Sogn, Randers. and his wife Maren Anderson born 23 June 1855 Aalsø Sogn Randers

I have tried the church records and the writing is very poor.

Can anyone help please

regards

Julie

Susanne Schønberg Lindstrøm

Hi Julie
Maren Andersen Juul born 23-6-1855
AO Ålsø, Djurs Sønder, Randers 1842-1855 page 100 no. 13

Regards
Susanne

Gitte Johansen

It is not Vejlby, but Homå, 1841-1860, opslag 14,

Father, Michel Jensen Ladefoged
Mother, Nicoline Nielsen

Randers, Djurs Sønder, Homaa, Homaa hede, huus, 34, FT-1850, C5828
Navn:   Alder:   Civilstand:   Stilling i husstanden:   Erhverv:   Fødested:
Peder Nielsen   33   Gift      huusmand, huusfader, lever af sin jordlod   Rynkeby Sogn, Odense Amt
Mette Marie Jensdtr.   32   Gift      hans kone   Hoed Sogn, Randers Amt
Michel Jensen Ladefoged   47   Gift      inderste, daglejer, huusfader   Aalsøe Sogn, Randers Amt
Nicoline Nielsdtr.   26   Gift      hans kone   Her i Sognet in this Parish
Ane Michelsen   6   Ugift      deres børn   Do
Niels Peder Michelsen   4   Ugift      do   Do
Anton Michelsen   2   Ugift      do   Do
Venlig hilsen
Gitte Johansen 8520 Lystrup

gittejohansen(snabel a)rocketmail.com

Gitte Johansen

Hello Julie

I was otherwise on Aalsø cemetery and the Grenaa-Gammelsogn cemetery to see if there were some old tombstones with Jønsson family, but unfortunately not.

So I would have taken some photos for you.
Venlig hilsen

Susanne Schønberg Lindstrøm

Hi Julie

Randers, Djurs Sønder, Aalsø, Fuglsang By og Hessel Hede, Et Huus, 45.2, FT-1860 
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Anders Sørensen Juul 32  Gift Inderste Wæver husfader  Heri Sognet

Christiane Jensen 29  Gift Hans kone  Heri Sognet

Maren Andersen Juul 5  Ugift Deres barn  Heri Sognet

Ane Andersen Juul 3  Ugift Deres barn  Heri Sognet

Regards
Susanne

Julie

Hi Gitte

You gave me the following

Randers, Djurs Sønder, Homaa, Homaa hede, huus, 34, FT-1850, C5828
Navn:   Alder:   Civilstand:   Stilling i husstanden:   Erhverv:   Fødested:
Peder Nielsen   33   Gift      huusmand, huusfader, lever af sin jordlod   Rynkeby Sogn, Odense Amt
Mette Marie Jensdtr.   32   Gift      hans kone   Hoed Sogn, Randers Amt
Michel Jensen Ladefoged   47   Gift      inderste, daglejer, huusfader   Aalsøe Sogn, Randers Amt
Nicoline Nielsdtr.   26   Gift      hans kone   Her i Sognet in this Parish
Ane Michelsen   6   Ugift      deres børn   Do
Niels Peder Michelsen   4   Ugift      do   Do
Anton Michelsen   2   Ugift      do   Do

I am just wondering why Anton's surname would be Michelsen but his father is shown as Michel Jensen Ladefoged. Could he be a stepfather do you think?

regards

Julie

Gitte Johansen

Hei Julie

Anton is baptized Anton Michelsen Ladefoged, but sometime he is called Mikkelsen.

I think it was easier for people in Denmark to call him Mikkelsen.

You can see it in Homå, 1841-1860, opslag 14.
Venlig hilsen

Jane C

About the name Ladefoged: It's an occupation name. I used Gramtrans (www.gramtrans.com) to translate and got the definition "Steward."

See the link below re. Danish naming practices - I'll summarize here.

Until more recent times, Danes did not have true surnames (a last name handed down from father to children). Instead they had a patronymic name and often also an identifier name.

The patronymic name is the name based on the father's first name, not his last name. So Anton Mikkelsen would have a father named Mikkel. Mikkelsen = "Son of Mikkel." The last name of Mikkel could be anything.

What I'm calling an "identifier name" is a last name that got attached to an individual and often to a family (generation to generation) based on an occupation, a farm or residence place, a place of origin, or a nickname. The patronmyic name was still in use though. A person might be called by their first (or middle) name plus patronymic name (Anton Mikkelsen) or by their first (or middle) name plus identifier name (Anton Ladefoged) or by both (Anton Mikkelsen Ladefoged). As Gitte says a given person's name might settle into one or the other for no particular reason, what she calls "just easier" -- no legal right or wrong to it.

Through the 1800s the Danish people decided to adopt true surnames. They enacted laws to this effect. Someone - maybe the parents - in a given family had to choose which name to stick with (maybe they talked over coffee: "Mikkelsen? Ladefoged? Let's go with Mikkelsen, honey"). After that, a group of Mikkelsens might well be related. Before that, they were just a bunch of random people with a father named Mikkel.

http://mydanishroots.com/research-guides/3-surnames-meaning-and-origin.html?layout=blog