Need a lookup at the Stadsarkiv in København

Startet af Paul Løndahl-Smidt, 18 Jun 2012 - 14:28

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

If anyone is going to the Stadsarkiv in København, would they do me a great favor and look up a record.  I am trying to find the movements of Ira Wilhelm Sandberg (Juhl) in København.  This is what I know of him so far.  He was born in the Danish West Indies on 1 May 1903.  The first Danish record I have found of him is the 1911 Sønderborg census where he is living with the Juhl family.  He is listed as a plejebørn.  He is not with the Juhl family in the 1916 census.

In the København police registry he is listed as Ira Vilhelm Sandberg Juhl, living at Stoltenbergsgade 1,1, occupation lærling. 

If someone could look up the Skattelister for Stoltenbergsgade for the years 1918-1919 and see if they can find Ira, who might be listed as Sandberg or Juhl, I would be very grateful.

Med venlig amerikanske hilsener
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Bettina Bendix Andresen

Hej Paul,

let me suggest that you move your request to " Hjælp til opslag i arkiver m. v. ".

Med venlige dansk/tyske hilsner

Bettina

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Mange tak Bettina.  I will do as you suggest.

Med venlig amerikanske hilsener
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Annette Christiansen

Also from København police registry:

From 1 November 1920 to 1 May 1921, Ina Sandberg, Grønvangen 17, lærling
(http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2473956&searchname=polit_adv)

From cencus 1921 Grønvangen 17:

Ellen Juhl, housewife
Holger Juhl, son born in (Vonsild) Vonsild parish, Ribe county 1910
Erik Juhl, son born in 1912, (Ødis) Ødis county, Ribe amt
Ole Junl, son born in 1913, (Kolding Å) Seest parish, Ribe county
Preben Juhl, son born in 1916, (Kattrup) Kolt parish, Aarhus county
Ira or Ina Sandberg, plejesøn born in 1903, Vestindien - handelslærling
(SA online, Census, 1921, København, Amt=København, Herred=Sokkelund, Grønvangen, tab 3)

According to this census they all lived in Maaløv parish, København county (northwest of Copenhagen) before moving to the above mentioned address in 1920.

Best regards
Annette
Annette Christiansen
rudal1945@gmail.com

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Mange tak Annette,

I have traced Ira from 1919 until his death in 1944.  The problem is where was he prior to København in 1919.  I know that he was living with the Juhls in 1911 but he was not living with them in 1916 and then he is living with them in 1921.  Any help will  be greatly appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse