Baptism Kyndby 1779

Startet af Sallie Hobbs, 04 Okt 2011 - 17:50

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Sallie Hobbs

Hi,

Could someone please help with transcribing this baptism record?

Kyndby, Horns, Frederiksborg   1735 -1806
opslag 57, in the margin under 25 May -- what does that say?

Thank you very much!

Mvh
Sallie

Inge-Lise Nielsen

Hi Sallie,

25de Maj
3die Sønd. eft. Trin. Huusmand Anders Sørensen en Datter til Daaben kaldet Kirsten, baaret af Degne Enken Ane Sl. Cranes. Fadd.-

In English
On the 3rd Sunday after Trinity smallholder Anders Sørensen (had) a daughter baptized and called Kirsten, carried by the clerk's widow Ane, late Crane's (wife). Sponsors -

Kind regards,
Inge-Lise Nielsen

Sallie Hobbs

Hi Inge-Lise,

Thank you for the transcription and translation. I thought I detected that name "Crane"!

The widow Crane was Ane Jørgensdatter. She remarried in July 1779, in Kyndby. She's on the 1787 census in Kyndby with her new husband, Lars Pedersen, and a new child, Christian Larsen.

I can't find a birth record for the son, but did run into this little record. Thank you again for working on the translation.

Mvh
Sallie

Inge-Lise Nielsen

Hi again Sallie,

Take another look at opslag 57 third entry on the right page. Here you find smallholder Lars Pedersen whose son is baptized and called Christian on Whit Monday 1780.The child is carried by farmer Niels Hansen's wife of Kyndbye. I guess he is the one you are looking for!?

Kind regards,
Inge-Lise Nielsen

Sallie Hobbs

Hi Inge-Lise,

You are right! Surely that is the right boy. Thank you for finding him!

Do I have this right?
      Pinsedag = Pentecost
      2. Pinsedag = second day of Pentecost = Whit Monday

http://www.rmadsen.dk/kal/dk12a.htm#1780
      Whit Monday 1780 was 15 May

Many thanks for using your "eagle eyes"! :-)

Kind regards,
Sallie

Inge-Lise Nielsen

Hi Sallie,

Just to say that you are quite right about the date.

Kind regards,
Inge-Lise Nielsen

Sallie Hobbs

Hi Inge-Lise,
Thank you again!
Best regards,
Sallie

Jane C

http://www.dis-danmark.dk/forum/read.php?1,299794,299845

Hi again - did you ever see this link, above, re. the Cranes in Kyndby, Horns, Frederiksborg?
Here is the spelling Krænes.

Meanwhile you've moved onto Dallum, Odense! (and probably have: born/bap 09 Aug 1720 Johannes Krane; 20 Apr 1723 Friderich Ernstfried Crane died same day; 31 Jul 1721 Paul Gregorius Krane; 07 Jul 1724 Andreas Crane; 25 Nov 1726 Christina Sophia Crane; 06 APR 1728 Christian Crane; 09 May 1730 Sophia Amalia Crane; 04 Nov 1731 Carl Gustav Crane; 03 Mar 1733 Magrethe Hedevig Crane died Mar 1733).

Mvh

Sallie Hobbs

Hi Jane,
Thank you for the link. I will study the messages.

I don't know yet if the Dalum baptisms are going to yield a connection, but here I am! :-)

Thanks again!
Mvh
Sallie