Marriage record help

Startet af Art Berggreen, 15 Nov 2023 - 18:30

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Art Berggreen

I've been looking for a parish record for the marriage of Rasmus Peter Mortensen and Mette Margrethe Schiødt in Copenhagen in 1795.  I may have found it in the Garnisons parish records.
https://ao.sa.dk/ao/data.ashx?bid=24856434
(14 Jun 1795, 7th entry right side)

Any idea what the abbreviations after Rasmus Peter might mean?  Also, any help transcribing the entry would be welcome, especially where Mette was from.

Thanks again for any help.
Art

Lisa Petersen

My attempt:

U. k. = ungkarl
paa Hospitalet hos Syerskemesteren

Hope that helps.

Lisa Petersen
near Washington, D.C.

Karen Margrethe Schmidt

My attempt:

paa Hospitalet hos Spisemesteren = https://ordnet.dk/ods/ordbog?query=spisemester

Karen Margrethe Schmidt
Karen Margrethe Schmidt

Grethe Leerbech

Here is a translation.
The same date Rasmus Peters.(en) u.k. (for bachelor)
and Mette Margrethe Shiøtt (employed in the hospital with the "spisemester"-one could call him the catering officer. I don't think the spisemester is her father, I think she is employed
withnesses: Niels Sørensen spisek(arl)(servant emplyed with the catering officer)
and John and Franz Larsen ølltappere ("beerbottlers" at that time one kept beers in big barrows and  then the beerkellners/bottlers bottle the beer. Mostly they had a cellar or a cold room to keep the barrows and then sells from there,or here at the hospital I think they are kept in some cellars)The two men could be emplyed or they could be self-employed

Grethe Leerbech   
Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Grethe Leerbech

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Art Berggreen

Karen and Grethe, mange tak!

I have the death records and a couple of census records for Rasmus Peter Mortensen and Mette Margrethe Schiødt.  I've been trying to work back to find their birth and marriage records.  This thread makes me feel like this is likely their marriage record.  The priest/clerk may have incorrectly recorded Rasmus Peter Mortensen as Rasmus Peters(en).  I don't believe Mette Margrethe Schiødt would have been a very common name.  I am fairly sure I the birth record for Rasmus Peter on 01 Nov 1769 in Holbæk.  Mette Margrethe may have been born in Roskilde around 1772, but I have not found any hints so far.

Thanks again,
Art

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Art

There is a Mette Margrethe born in Roskilde in 1772, of a Niels Madsen and Gertrud Marie Larsdatter but I doubt it's her. It's the first one. Its hard to read because it is very light in copy.  This one should be called Nielsen

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=154917#154917,25860913

But i think you should get help to get the words transcribed from the 6th colonne from her
deadnotice. I think there is something like.
"af Roskilde.....
"Norlands gaard" but I cannot quite read it- it could give you some hints.

mvh
Grethe

Lisa Petersen

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Art

It says: Af Roskildevejen i Nordre gavl" which I think refers to the place where she shall be burried.

But I have looked once more in Roskilde, and the baptism is correct, here is the wedding of her parents and you can see he is named: Niels Madsen Schiøt".
and he marries a widow. no. 2 on the right side-seen from us.
 Date Roeskilde d. 7. Majii 1768

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=154926#154926,25863035

Grethe

Inger Toudal

Af Roeskildeveien, "Nordens Gave."

København, Sokkelund, Frederiksberg, Frederiksberg, Roskilde Landevej - "Nordens Gave", Et Hus - 1/3, FT-1855, C6950
Navn:      Alder:      Status:      Stilling i familien:      Erhverv:      Fødested:
Knud Martin Sliphagen      54      Gift      Slagtermester, husejer, husfader              København 
Maren Cathrine, f. Mortensen      46      Gift      Hans kone              København 
Waldemar Knud Sliphagen      18      Ugift      Deres barn              Vesterbro, København 
Axel Harald Sliphagen      6      Ugift      Deres barn              Vesterbro, København 
Mathilde Wilhelmine Margrethe Sliphagen      22      Ugift      Deres barn              København 
Emma Nathalia Sliphagen      20      Ugift      Deres barn              København 
Thora Caroline Sliphagen      14      Ugift      Deres barn              Vesterbro, København 
Josephine Cathinka Sliphagen      11      Ugift      Deres barn              Vesterbro, København 
Mette Margrethe Mortensen, f. Schiødt      80      Enke      Husfaders svigermoder, der af ham forsørges              Roskilde 
Nicolai Ditlev Christian Flebbe      24      Ugift      Slagtersvend              Frederiksberg 

København, Sokkelund, Frederiksberg, Roskildevej, Et Hus - Nordens Gave, 53 - F2, FT-1860, D5204
Navn:      Alder:      Status:      Stilling i familien:      Erhverv:      Fødested:
Knud Sliphagen      58      Gift      Slagter. Ejer af Stedet              København 
Maren Cathrine. f. Mortensen      50      Gift      Hustru              København 
Mette Margrethe Mortensen. f. Schiødt      88      Enke      Husfaders Svigermoder              København
Valdemar Knud Sliphagen      23      Ugift      Barn. Slagtersvend              Vesterbro 
Thora Sliphagen      19      Ugift      Barn              Vesterbro 
Josephine Sliphagen      17      Ugift      Barn              Vesterbro 
Axel Harald Sliphagen      11      Ugift      Barn              Vesterbro 
Hans Ferdinand Møgelberg      31      Ugift      Slagtermester              Østerbro 

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Art Berggreen

Given the marriage in Roskilde on 07 May 1768 between Niels Madsen Schiøt And Gertrud Maria Larsdatter, then I tend to agree that the birth of Mette Margrethe in Roskilde on 08 May 1773 is likely the Mette Margrethe Schiødt I am looking for.

Thanks again for everyone's help,
Art