Restarting post/ 2010 -ancestors of Christian Nielsen/Nelson Holnis/Munkbrarup

Startet af RDennisKisling, 05 Aug 2023 - 21:03

Forrige emne - Næste emne

RDennisKisling

census matching my ancesters:Sydslesvig, , Munkbrarup, Dorf Sygum, Nebenhaus, 12 c, FT-1845, C8005 father Peter Nielsen 34 Verheir.  Häuerling, Grützmüller Gelding Mother Christina Paulsen  Verheir.  seine Ehefrau Schiedenholeweg  son Henning Christian Nielsen 4

another record Flensborg, , Morunkbrarup, Dorf Bockholm, Kathengebäude, 11 a, FT-1845, C8005
Jacob Nielsen 45  Verheir.  Käthner. Grützmüller Munkbrarup
Maria Asmussen 29  Verheir.  seine Ehefrau Glücksburg son Christian Nielsen 4
I haven't determined which Christian Nielson is my GG grandfather born February 4 1840 at(Holnis-Brarup) according to Christian's Church membership in Michigan USA. Peter is the name given for Christian's father on his death certificate of 1910 in Wisconsin.
This seems to be a better match than the record for Jacob Nielsen as the father.
Question 1: Where do you think I should go to find a birth record for Henning Christian born February 1840  and a marriage for Peter and Christina?
2.Where would I look to find out if this family remained near Munkbrarup when the Prussians took over in 1864?
3.Christian emigrated to USA in 1857-where might I start looking for emmigration information from this area of Denmark?
Nielsen forskere

Inger Buchard

Go to the [German] churchbook site www.archion.de and look up in the churchbooks of Munkbrarup

As for emigration-matters: the cheaper way to the States was through Hamburg; find the Hamburg Emigration lists at Ancestry

You'll have to pay a fee for access to both services

Danish emigration lists are awailable at
http://www.udvandrerarkivet.dk/udvandrerprotokollerne/
You may choose the English version at the top of the page

Inger Buchard
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

RDennisKisling

Thank ybout ou very much Inger! I'm working on all the advice you gave me.I did spend two + years at Univ of Oslo 1973 -1975 so I do understand most written Danish but I'm 81 years old now and have forgotten a lot of vocabulary that I'll be relearning rfrom now on'I will join DIS Norge as my Danish GGG grandfather married a Norwegian woman from Oppland when they met in Chicago about 1867?
Nielsen forskere

RDennisKisling

As of today I am unable to determine the exact Christian Nielsen who gave his birth place as Holnis on Feb,4 1840,his church membership names him as Sören Christian,his death record names his father as a Peter: Henning Nielsen is found in the 1860 Danish census- My Christian Emigrated in 1857,did he go to USA or Australia first?I cannot read the 1855 census- is there an English translation?
Since Agnetha/Augusta Catharina Hoeck, + before 1843 mother of Sören Chr the 1845 census would have his stepmother Marie Gustave Louise Asmussen listed as wife to Jacob Nickolai Nielsen and his son is my ancestor.It appears that Jacob's 2nd wife Marie died 27.6 1847 and Jacob had a 3rd wife in the 1860 census-Anne Margarete f. Jensen.
The 1855 census would show her and her children.
I will try to get find a readable copy of the 1855 census to confirm much of this
Nielsen forskere

Inger Buchard

A Søren Christian Nielsen was born in Bockholm, Munkbrarup parish at July 1st. baptized at July 5th 1840

Parents:
Jacob Nicolai Nielsen and Agnetha Catharina née Hoeck

go to https://www.archion.de/de/viewer/?no_cache=1&type=churchRegister&uid=274661 if you have access to Archion

In which census 1855 did you find the family: tell us the name of the location, please. The original census lists are available at
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/rif/select/7/16979094

I think I found the family
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=121563#121563,17500446
right page family no. 26

Maybe we can read the text?

Inger Buchard                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Redaktør på DIS-Wiki