RASMUSSEN

Startet af DALE RASMUSSEN, 03 Aug 2011 - 04:10

Forrige emne - Næste emne

DALE RASMUSSEN

Kirsten,
Are Hansdatter and Hansen the same? I was wondering how you found Ane Hansen.
Hanne had this reply for Hans at age 7 in 1870.

Hans Søren Rasmussen born 1862 in Kirke Helsinge lived 1870 in Drøsselbjerg parish as fosterchild with Mads hansen and his wife op 26 and he was confirmed 1877 see Drøsselbjerg churchbook op 96.
Mads Hansen can be his mother´s brother and maybe his parents never married.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

Kirsten - 1870 Hans Soren Rasmussen (born December 1862 in Kirke Helsinge) lived in in Drøsselberg, Løve, Holbæk. Census not available on ddd.dda.dk but Hanne has looked at it. Hans was a fosterchild with Mads Hansen and his wife op 26. Hanne suggested Mads Hansen can be his mother's brother and maybe his parents never married. This turned out to be the case!

Dale - yes, as Kirsten says - by Signe Molsted she meant your great-grandmother Jensine.

The process gets confusing but each step is made carefully, to see that one person leads to another, to make sure it's always the same person being talked about.

The Hans Soren Rasmusssen we are investigating (MAYBE your great-grandfather, we don't know) was born to an unmarried couple - Ane Hansen/Hansdatter was his mother. Rasmus Sorensen was his father. The churchbook tells things like who dies, who marries who, who moves away. So by looking at the churchbooks, the researchers are piecing together the story. In the churchbook and census record we see Ane did not die - she married Hans Pedersen and moved and in 1880 she's living in this place:

FT 1880 (FT = census)
Sorø, Slagelse, Kindertofte, Kindertofte Sogn, Frederikslunds Hovedgaard, 1, FT-1880, C7364
Hans Pedersen 40 Gift Husfader, Fyrbøder hos Forpagter Pedersen born in Sæby Sogn, Holbek Amt
Ane Hansen 43 Gift hans Kone born in Kirkehelsinge Sogn, Holbek Amt
Anna Sofie Pedersen 13 Ugift hans Datter born in Gjersløv Sogn, Holbek Amt
Hansine Vilhelmine Pedersen 8 Ugift hans Datter born in St. Mikkels Landsogn, Slagelse, Sorø Amt

Rasmus Sorenson the biological father to Hans Soren Rasmuseen has a father Soren Rasmussen farmer in Kirke Helsinge and mother Ane Hansdatter. This Soren Rasmussen has been visiting in Slagelse, where Ane lives, and he dies, says the churchbook.

Jane C

Hansdatter/Hansen, it's the same - the change is typical of those we see as Danes - the whole nation of people - changed to permanent surnames from the early to later 1800s. "Daughter of Hans" was no longer used.

Kirsten Tatt

Census 1870 - a house in Mullerup, Kirke Helsinge, Holbæk county

Mads Hansen M - 43 - Married - born Kirke Helsinge - housefather - arbejdsmand (worker)
Jacobine Besser F - 26 - Married - born Kirke Helsinge - housewife
Hans Søren Rasmussen M - 7 - born Kirke Helsinge - foster child

Mads Hansen

Samtlige personer i husstanden

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirkehelsinge Bye, et Huus, 22, FT-1834, C6486
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Madsen 31  Gift  Huusmand og Dagleier  
Margrethe Hansdatter 36  Gift  hans Kone  
Maren Hansdatter 12  Ugift  deres Børn  
Mads Hansen 8  Ugift  deres Børn  
Mette Hansdatter 5  Ugift  deres Børn  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samtlige personer i husstanden

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirke Helsinge by, Et Huus, 49, FT-1840, C6762
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Madsen 37  Gift  Huusmand og Dagleier  
Margrethe Hansdatter 43  Gift  Hans kone  
Mads Hansen 14  Ugift  Deres børn  
Mette Hansdatter 11  Ugift  Deres børn  
Hans Hansen 6  Ugift  Deres børn  
Ane Hansdatter 4  Ugift  Deres børn  

ok - Hanne was aldready there ;) I stop for now ;)

Jane C

Dale, this post of Kirsten's shows items posted earlier. It's good to have it here again, because we need our memories refreshed, to get focused on Hans Sorensen. I prepared a summary for you to post as a new thread, and emailed it to you - fyi

DALE RASMUSSEN

Jane,
I've brought up your e-mail.  Is it best to start over with the summary on a new thread or to keep going on this one so everyone can read the details?
I can see why those of you that do research enjoy it.  It's like a big treasure hunt where you are looking for clues to piece together to lead you to the treasure at the end.
Dale

DALE RASMUSSEN

I am contacting my aunt Lois in hopes that she may have some information and also addresses for any descendants of Mary, Ann and Florence that I can contact.

Hans and Jensine first born was Marie after her mother, Ann after his?

Jane C

Hi - I don't know which is better, to start a new thread or keep going here. I am new to the forum. Other opinions?

I just thought it would be good to group together the details about Hans - they are hard to find, scattered amongst the Jensine search.

Yes, it's like a treasure hunt.

DALE RASMUSSEN

I am going to post your summary (thank you Jane) here, but will start new if wanted.

Seeking the Danish roots of Hans Rasmussen, Minnesota dairyman. Born December 1862 somewhere in Denmark, and immigrated 1889 (per 1900 census) 

IN DENMARK
Two Hans Rasmussen born December 1862 are found on Family Search.

1,  Hans Christian Rasmussen born 16 December 1862, christened 01 March 1863. Parents Ole Rasmussen and Margrethe Hansdr. (Præstø, Mønbo, Elmelunde)

2. The second Hans is more interesting as a starting point because Lissa found an immigration record that "matches" him. He is Hans Soren Rasmussen born 30 December 1862 christene/baptised d 15 March 1863, Kirke-Helsinge, Holbaek, Denmark. According to the churchbook, his parents were alleged bachelor father Rasmus Sørensen from (unreadable place) and young/unmarried girl Ane Hansdatter of Helsinge.

A timeline of what has been found out about him:

Hans Søren Rasmussen born 1862 in Kirke Helsinge

15 March 1863 baptised at Kirke Helsinge parish, Løve, Holbæk. Notice that the Family Search christening date is 30 January 1863, so probably that is the day he was baptised at home (see above).

1870 Lived in in Drøsselberg, Løve, Holbæk. Census not available on ddd.dda.dk but Hanne has looked at it. Hans was a fosterchild with Mads Hansen and his wife op 26. Hanne suggested Mads Hansen can be his mother's brother and maybe his parents never married.

1877 Confirmed in Drøsselbjerg, see churchbook op 96.

Holbæk, Løve, Drøsselbjerg, Drøsselbjerg By og Sogn, Gaard, 9, FT-1880, D2276
Niels Jørgensen 29 Gift Huusfader, Gaardejer Her i Sognet
Maren Sørensen 41 Gift Hans Hustru Helsinge Sogn, Holbek Amt
Karen Jørgensen 1 Ugift Hans Datter Her i Sognet
Marie Hansdatter 70 Enke Hans Svigermoder Helsinge Sogn, Holbek Amt
Hans Søren Rasmussen 17 Ugift Tjenestefolk Helsinge Sogn, Holbek Amt
Maren Kirstine Pedersen 20 Ugift Tjenestefolk Stillinge Sogn, Sorø Amt
Before 1889
Last residence before emigration: Taarnby Mølle (mill), Sorø. [Note from Lissa - Tase Mølle (Mill), Tystrup, Øster Flakkebjerg, Sorø (from www.krabsen.dk) Perhaps not a mill? but a place name?]

Emigration record for a Hans S(øren) Rasmussen - not known if it is the same man:
Name:  Rasmussen, Hans Søren  Occupation:  Tyende (m/k land)
Contract no.:  37300 Registration date:  3/13/1889
Birth place:  ? Birth place:  ?
Last res. parish:  ? Last res. county:  Sorø
Last residence:  Taarnby Mølle (mill), Sorø Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  New York City Destination state:  New York State
Name of ship:  Denmark
Remarks:  SOS: Tårnby Mølle kan ikke lokaliseres i (cannot be located in) Sorø Amt (county). IDcode:  D8789R1715

IN THE UNITED STATES

A Sine Milsted (could be she's future wife of our Hans Rasmussen) is found in the Saint Paul City Directory at 412 St. Anthony Avenue (Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, USA)

Hans married Jensine Petrea Jørgensen Mølsted, born February 1862 in Eriknauer, Hatting, Hatting, Vejle, Denmark, who immigrated 1884 with her mother and several siblings. Marriage date (1986?) per 1900 census. Place unknown and no other data. Likely Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, USA, because first child of Hans and Jensine, Marie Elenora Rasmussen, is born there in 1897.

Daughter Marie/Mary Elenora Rasmussen born 13 April 1897 in Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota. Note: Jensine's mother is called Mary.

Daughter Anna L Rasmussen born 01 November 1898 in Minnesota. Hans Soren Rasmussen in Holbeak has a mother Ane.

US Census Danielson township, Meeker County, Minnesota
Hans Rasmussen b DEC 1862 Denmark dairyman, immigrated 1889, married 1896 with family

Daughter Florence Cecelia Rasmussen born 24 April 1902 in Meeker County

Son George Raymond Rasmussen born 23 November 1904 in Meeker County

US Census Danielson township, Meeker County, Minnesota (Rosendale P.O.)
Hans S. Rasmussen, butter maker - in this registration district 4 years 5 months with family

US Census Bogus Brook, Mille Lacs, Minnesota
Hans and Sine, Mary E 13, Annie L 12, Florence C 7, George Raymond] 5

Year of Hans Rasmussen death about 1917 or 1918 per family lore - when George Raymond Rasmussen about age 13

Four Hans Rasmussens in Minnesota died 1910-1920. Death record for Hans Rasmussen Hennepin County 1918 is NOT him
US Census Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota
Sine is a widow. Daughter Mary Elenora is not in this household. Sine lives with Anna 21, Florence 17, George] Raymond 15

US Census Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota
Ray Rasmussen, wife Marguerite, children Lois 2. Sina (Ray's mother) and Florence (his sister) live with the family

Jane C

Has anyone found the American immigration record that matches the Danish emigration record for Hans Soren Rasmussen?

Dale - I sent you an email with links for doing research to find descendants.

FYI all - I found another Hans Rasmussen born December 1862 in Denmark - but I'm pretty sure he's not "our" Hans Rasmussen.

Hans Jacob Rasmussen. Born 24 December 1862 in Oster Haesinge, Svendborg, Denmark. Christened 25 January 1863. Parents: Rasmus Pedersen and Johanne Hansdr. Mother's father: Hans Jacobsen. He married 17 October 1884 to Petrine Jokumsum age 24 of Hillerslev, in Aabylund, Østerhæsinge sogn, Øster Hæsinge, Sallinge, Svendborg. In 1880 he's Hans Peder Rasmussen Aabylund. In 1890 census it's a different wife but I think it's the same Hans?:

Svendborg, Sallinge, Øster Hæsinge, Østerhæsinge sogn og By, hus [samme], 4, FT-1890, B0698
Hans Jacob Pedersen 27 gift husbestyrer Østerhæsinge
Dorthea Nielsen 32 gift husmoder Hillersløv
Marie Kjerstine Pedersen 2 Østerhæsinge

Jane C

Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 12 Aug 2011 - 16:28
Has anyone found the American immigration record that matches the Danish emigration record for Hans Soren Rasmussen?

Dale - I sent you an email with links for doing research to find descendants.

FYI all - I found another Hans Rasmussen born December 1862 in Denmark - but I'm pretty sure he's not "our" Hans Rasmussen.

Hans Jacob Rasmussen. Born 24 December 1862 in Oster Haesinge, Svendborg, Denmark. Christened 25 January 1863. Parents: Rasmus Pedersen and Johanne Hansdr. Mother's father: Hans Jacobsen. He married 17 October 1884 to Petrine Jokumsum age 24 of Hillerslev, in Aabylund, Østerhæsinge sogn, Øster Hæsinge, Sallinge, Svendborg. In 1880 he's Hans Peder Rasmussen Aabylund. In 1890 census it's a different wife but I think it's the same Hans?:

Svendborg, Sallinge, Øster Hæsinge, Østerhæsinge sogn og By, hus [samme], 4, FT-1890, B0698
Hans Jacob Pedersen 27 gift husbestyrer Østerhæsinge
Dorthea Nielsen 32 gift husmoder Hillersløv
Marie Kjerstine Pedersen 2 Østerhæsinge

Kirsten Tatt

From the SUMMARY:
2. The second Hans is more interesting as a starting point because Lissa found an immigration record that "matches" him. He is Hans Soren Rasmussen born 30 December 1862 christene/baptised d 15 March 1863, Kirke-Helsinge, Holbaek, Denmark. According to the churchbook, his parents were alleged bachelor father Rasmus Sørensen from (unreadable place) and young/unmarried girl Ane Hansdatter of Helsinge.

unreadable place is 'sammesteds' - it means 'same place' -that is Kirke-Helsinge.

Kirsten

Jane C

Yes, the Danish emigration record - Thanks Kirsten. Show his intention to leave Denmark.

I am asking for the American immigration record - a list showing him going to USA, on a ship.

Last time I couldn't find Jensine Molstad on a ship but Homer found her - and from that you guys found her mother, brother, sister, and sister's daughter also on the ship - and from her sister (Bertha) emigration record we found it said she's going to Saint Paul, Minnesota.

So that was very important.

DALE RASMUSSEN

I've ordered two more death certificates from the MN Historical Society from Olmsted and Nicollet county (1918 and 1916).  The remaining one was Hans A. Rasmussen in Hennepin county.   My father said he would like to visit the grave site if it can be found. 

Jane C

Ah - well that certainly makes us want to find it.

Dale, your grandfather was 13 when his dad died. Did he not ever mention to your father where the family was living at the time? It is likely a farm in the Bogus Brook, Mille Lacs county area - with Sine moving the children to Saint Paul afterward. But....can he recall? Google maps says Bogus Brook is about 25 miles east (and a little north) from St. Cloud.

DALE RASMUSSEN

My dad doesn't know much at all because his father never spoke of Hans.  I'm sure it was a horrible event to find your father dead.  His recollection is age 13.  He has a picture of Hans, Sine and all the children.  When I asked him this past week if my grandfather could have been 11 in the picture (1916 death) he said that he looked older than 11. 
Growing up I don't remember meeting or doing anything with the families of my grandfathers sisters.  I am going to try to contact them through my aunt Lois.  My parents are going to ask her if she has any information on Hans that may help and she may have other family contacts.
My dad is 80 years old, has no use for computers or the internet.  It's at his request that I began this search.  He would like to know more about Hans and his roots in Denmark (me too) and as I mentioned, visit the grave site if it could be found.
I really appreciate the help I've received from everyone through this forum.  I wasn't getting anywhere by myself and you have already found so much valuable and interesting facts on the family.
Thank you.

Jane C

Hi Dale, Here is contact information for the Mille Lacs County Historical Society. For the moment a working hypothesis can be that your great-grandfather is buried near the farm where the family lived in the 1910 census. Maybe the society can help you pin down where the farm was. It may be that your great-grandfather's death is not registered - the other Hans Rasmussens are not him, per Family Search (see my email). Sorry we didn't catch that earlier. But if we can find the church and cemetery and gravestone, that is really what we want to find for your dad's sake.

You have found so much about your great-grandmother, and I hope this interests and delights your father. Yet with Hans Rasmussen, there seems to be a greater longing to connect, and perhaps because of a sense that the family had little opportunity for closure with his death.

Can you call or write to ask about plat books, Bogus Brooks, Danish Lutheran churches and cemeteries in the area?

If a likely cemetery is located in this way, then the next step is to contact a volunteer on Find-A-Grave. These volunteers will go to a cemetery near themselves and take photos of a grave or sometimes help to locate it.

http://www.findagrave.com/

Mille Lacs County Historical Society
101Tenth Avenue South
Princeton, Minnesota 55371
Email:
mlchs@nsatel.net
Phone: 763-389-1296

Jane C

Is the Hans Soren Rasmussen we are studying on this sinking ship?

http://www.norwayheritage.com/p_ship.asp?sh=danma

Danmark, Thingvalla Line - departed Christiania 13 March 1889
On April 6th 1889 the emigrant ship Danmark was abandoned in the Atlantic. The passengers and a crew were all saved by a small freighter, the S/S "Missouri" of the Atlantic Transport Line. The "Missouri" was not accommodated for more than 20 people. The passengers was brought to the Azores and put ashore. For more information, read: The sinking of the S/S Danmark - (newspaper account concerning the sinking of the S/S DANMARK, has been transcribed and submitted by Kristin Brue. Kristin's great-grandmother was among the passengers rescued from the sinking ship in 1889.)

Emigration record for a Hans S(øren) Rasmussen - not known if it is the same man:
Name:  Rasmussen, Hans Søren  Occupation:  Tyende (m/k land)
Contract no.:  37300 Registration date:  3/13/1889
Birth place:  ? Birth place:  ?
Last res. parish:  ? Last res. county:  Sorø
Last residence:  Taarnby Mølle (mill), Sorø Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  New York City Destination state:  New York State
Name of ship:  Denmark

Jane C

I have looked for "our" Hans and for the Hans Soren we are studying. This is the closest I've found, for date of immigration and date of birth - but he is a clerk, not a butter maker/dairyman.

Hans Peter Rasmussen
Thingvalla 03 AUG 1889
Departure Copenhagen, Port of Arrival New York
Age 26, born about 1863 in Denmark
Clerk

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Judith Olsen

Hi

Taarnby Mølle - could it be Taarnborg Mølle ?

http://www.coneliand.dk/Danmarks%20aeldste%20forretninger/DAEF%20500-599/Side_592_Soere_-_Tape.html

Taarnborg Mølle, Korsør, mølleri.
Grundl. i 1874 af møller Jørgensen.
I 1920 overtaget af Chr. Poulsen (f. 1878).
Adresse: Dyrehavegårds Alle, Korsør.
Kilde: Kraks: Danmarks ældste forretninger. (1950)

Venlig hilsen
Judith Olsen
Terslev, 4690 Haslev
judith@olsen.mail.dk

Homer Ficken

An H. S. Rasmussen 26 arrived New York from Hamburg 6 May 1889 on the ship Wieland, and he's listed from Slagelse.  Maybe Hans S. who registered in March for the ship Denmark missed that voyage.

Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Jane C

That is very interesting!! Let's check this out!

Lissa Pedersen

Hi,

On Ellis Island I have found Hans Rasmussen, laborer, age 43, and his home was in Minneapolis. He was going back to his home in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Could someone check this. The date was 22 Feb 1906. However, the manifest says that he was single!

I have realised that he is a wrong guy, since the Danish emigration records state that he was born in Stokkemarke on Lolland.

Lissa

Jane C

An exciting find! Jensine's mother died in 1914 in Bogus Brooks, Mille Lacs County, Minnesota - therefore Hans Rasmussen and family must have been in Bogus Brooks in 1914!!  Also, the following records show that just about the whole Milsted family of Eriksnauer, Hatting, Hatting, Denmark are found together in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Also shown: Christian (brother to Jensine) came first, in about 1880-1882.

Minnesota Death Record: Maria Milsted born about 1820 died 10 May 1914 in Bogus Brooks, Mille Lacs, Minnesota. Family Search.
--------------------------------
1885 MN Census St Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota - Hans Melsted 30 b abt 1855 in Denmark; Mary Melsted 32 b abt 1853 in Denmark; Anna Melsted 2 [sic] b Pennsylvania; Anthony Melsted 7 b in Denmark; Lewis Melsted 6 b Minnesota; Dalmor Melsted 2 b Minnesota
--------------------------------
1890, 1891 Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, St. Paul City Directory. Mary Milsted lives at 214 Grove, runs a boarding house. Living together at 412 St. Anthony Avenue is Jensine Milsted (housekeeper); Mary Milsted; and 2 brothers Morris (carpenter) and Hans (contractor). A Lena Milsted lives there too - don't know who she is, but possibly a sister we didn't find in Denmark. Another brother Christian J. Milsted lives next door at 416 St. Anthony Avenue; he works for Smith & Farwell as a shademaker. An Annie Milsted works at 259 Summit Avenue as a domestic
--------------------------------------------------
The 1900 and 1910 Census show Christian came to the USA first (1880 or 1882).

In 1900 Christian lives in Butte, Silver Bow, Montana. Christain Milsted 40 b May 1860 in Denmark married in 1888 Immigrated 1880 carpet salesman. Sophia Milsted 34 born April 1866 in Minnesota 3 children 2 living. George R Milsted 10 born July 1889 in Minnesota. Leslie E Milsted 3 born January 1897 in Montana.

In 1910 Christian lives in Seattle, King, Washington. Christean J Milsted 49 b abt 1861 in Denmark shade maker/ furniture [??]. Sophia Milsted 44 b abt 1866. George R Milsted 20 b abt 1890 in Minnesota. Leslie E Milsted 15 b abt 1895 in Montana.

In 1920 still in Seattle are C.J.Milsted year of immigration 1882 shademaker/furniture [?]; Sophia; Leslie E. bank clerk
--------------------------------------------------
World War I draft card 1917 Christian's son George Roy Milsted in Seattle b 20 July 1889 in St. Paul, Minnesota assistant office manager McDougal Southwick

1920 Seattle, King, Washington Christian's son George R Milsted 30, Cynthia (M. Crouch) Milsted 31, Cynthia (Crouch) Milsted 5

1930 Tacoma, Pierce, Washington George R Milsted 40 accountant, dry goods; Cynthia Milsted 41; Cynthia C Milsted 15 b 18 August 1914; and Shirley Jean Milsted 5

Death Record George R Milsted 60 in Tacoma, Washington d 28 Nov 1949; Cynthia C Milsted d 30 Oct 1976 in Tacoma
---------------------------------------------------
Death Record for Christian's son Leslie E Milsted d 29 Jan 1897 in Montana died 4 Apr 1965 in Riverside, California mother's maiden name Johnson

Kirsten Tatt

Christian E J Milsted  (1860 - 1936)

Husband of Sophia Johnson
Father of George Roy Milsted and Leslie Milsted
Contact Profile Manager

Found on http://geni.com

kirsten

Jane C

http://meetafreemason.blogspot.com/2011/03/seattle-masonic-ghost-story-reader-you.html

A George Roy Milsted ghost story....(son of Christian Milsted, brother to Jensine Milsted Rasmussen)

Jane C

Dale - just wondering, are you still interested in the forum?
Kind regards!

Hanne Bjørn

I have been in the arcive in Viborg today. So I looked what was signed when Jørgen Mølsted died.
It look like there should be 6 living children.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

Oh that is good to know Hanne!

So it's one more proof that it's the same family in Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA.

Jørgen Kristian Jensen Mølsted died 27 April 1878; his death record states he has 6 living children

1900 Census in Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota
Marie Millstead born May 1819 age 81, born in Denmark, immigration 1883,
has had 10 children, 6 living
[Note  = Mette MARIE Andersdatter wife to Jørgen Kristian Jensen Mølsted and mother to Jensine Mølsted Rasmussen]

6 living children to Jørgen and Marie in 1878-1900:

1. Birthe Marie ("Mary") Mølsted, born 01 June 1845 per Hatting churchbook op 61,
widowed in Denmark? never married in USA; emigrated in 1884 to St. Paul, Minnesota,
with her 9-month-old baby Jørgine (called Gina) in 1884 to St. Paul.

2. Marius ("Maurice" or Morris) Jørgensen Mølsted, born 25 DEC 1851
married Emma Francis. Maurice died and Emma moved with their children to Oregon. Jack Rudolph, Maurice, Henry, Myrtle, Lottie, John

3. Hans Mølsted born 1855. Married Mary. Children Anna (b. 1876), Anthony (1878), Lewis (1879), Dalmor (1883), Phillip (1885). Hans is widowed in 1900 census, moved with Phillip to North Dakota. Annie Milsted a domestic on Summit Avenue in 1885 could be this Annie.

4. Mariane Nøring Jorgensen Mølsted age 13 in FT-1870 [born about 1857]
married Hans Larsen 08 MAR 1882 in (St. Paul?), Ramsey, Minnesota. Their children in 1905 census: Etta (Oct 1886), Freda (June 1890), William (Nov 1893), Frank (Jul 1899)

5. Christian Jorgensen Mølsted age 9 in FT-1870, 19 in FT-1880 [born about 1861]. Married Sophia Johnson. Children George Roy (20 July 1890) and Leslie E. (abt 1895)

6. Jensine Petrea Jørgensen Mølsted, age 6 in 1870 [born about 1862]. Married Hans Rasmussen. Children Marie/Mary Elenora Rasmussen born 13 April 1897 in Saint Paul, MN. Anna L Rasmussen born 01 November 1898 in MN. Florence Cecelia Rasmussen born 24 April 1902 Meeker County, MN. George Raymond Rasmussen born 23 November 1904 in Meeker County, MN.

DALE RASMUSSEN

Good news.
I spoke by phone with someone at the Mille Lacs County Historical Society.  She has Hans Rasmussen who according to her records died in Wisconsin(?), but the burial site is in Princeton, MN.  Hans and Sine owned 80 acres near Princeton.  He was born December 30, 1862 and died October 6, 1918. She has more to check on.  She's going out to take a picture of the gravestone.
With this birth date I believe the odds that it's Hans Soren have improved dramatically.  She is going to help look for a marriage certificate and obituary.
With this news, can those with better access to Danish records trace Rasmus Sorensen and his father Soren Rasmussen back farther?  Thank you.
Dale