Translation please

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 16 Sep 2011 - 01:51

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Would someone please look at http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=1861247&limitstart=20 and see if they can make out the name of the husband.  I am trying to locate Anna Rasmine Rasmussen f Jørgensen in the 1901 census.  Any ideas?  Many thanks.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Trine Nielsen

Hey Paul,

To me it looks like Johannes Christian Rasmussen and occupation smith.

Trine Nielsen

Sorry, forgot to add it says she is the widow of Johannes, so I doubt he can be found in the 1901 census.

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tak Trine.  Any ideas where I can find her in the 1901 or later censuses?

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

Johannes Christian Rasmussen
smed

Født: 10-01-1881     Fødested: København  

Død:  07-05-1912     Adresse ved død:   Store Kongensgade   43, 4

Ægtefælle:  Ingrid Nielsine   Født:  11-11-1884     Fødested:  Nakskov

Anmærkninger: 2. ægteskab: Anna Rasmine, født 05-05-1881 i København.

Johannes Christian R. didn't die until 1912 it seems, if it is not a typing error.  Anna Rasmine was his 2nd wife. If you turn the registerblade you see the adresses: Fredericiagade 10, Store Kongensgade 43 and Gernersgade 58. St. Kongensgade is either Skt Pauls or Garnisons sogn.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

You find his death in Skt Pauls, image 22 (1911-1920).

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thank you Eva.  This is a real mystery.  Johannes Kristian Rasmussen's death on 7 May 1912 is listed in Skt Pauls, opslag 22 nr 34.  I have found another listing for Anna Rasmine Rasmussen f Jørgensen in the København police records.  It is strange that in the 1901 listing she is Anna Rasmine Rasmussen and in the later listing she is Anna Jørgensen.

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2418422&limitstart=0

I guess I need a Hercule Poirot to solve this mystery.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

In FT 1911 you find the family in Fredericiagade 10, opslag 22. They are living with Johannes's mother. They have a son named Erik Johannes born in 20?/08 1910.

Oline Marie Rasmussen
vaagekone

Født: 05-07-1849     Fødested: Kalundborg  

Død:  31-07-1919     Adresse ved død:   Rigensgade   30, 4

This is the mother who was a hospital orderly.
Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

Are you sure that Anna Jørgensen is Anna Rasmine? I could be that they are different persons born on the same day and year.
A clerk with little to do may have copied the adresses of Johannes's card onto Anna's new card and has copied the date as well.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Eva,

Tusind tak for din hjælp.  You may not be Hercule Poirot but are certainly the Danish Miss Marple.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

You find Anna in FT 1916 Gernersgade, images 324-326. She is a widow and a man named Hans L? Jørgensen b. in 1855 in Odense lives with her. There is also a child born 1902 whose name I read as Odin Rasmussen ?.

Eva M
Eva M

Eva Morfiadakis

FT 1921 Gernersgade 58, image 40. The son is called Odin and the old man is her father Hans Laukmauk? J.

Eva M

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=1453028&limitstart=0

the son
Eva M

Anni Larsen

Hi Paul.
The son Erik Johannes Rasmussen, born 1910.

See Rigshospitalet, Sokkelund, Kh, 1910.1911, opslag 6 no 28:
Erik Johannes Rasmussen, born 25. aug 1910, bapt. 13. sept.
Parents Johannes Christian Rasmussen and Anna Rasmine Jørgensen, 29 years old, residence Fredericiagade 10.2.
The parents are married before a registrar (civil marriage) in Kh 15/7 10.

Regards
Anni

Anni Larsen

Ref. Odin Rasmussen.
See Frederik, Sokkelund, Kh, 1913-1928, opslag 41 no 1:

Confirmation 30. mar 1919.
Odin Ernst Clorius Rasmussen.
Parents: Widow Anna Rasmine Rasmussen. b. Jørgensen and alliged father ingeneer Odin Thorvald Clorius, Gernersgade 58.3.
Born Fødselsstiftelsen 23. sept 1902, bapt i Kapernaum Church 24. may 1903.

Bapt. Kapernaum 1903, see 1899-1902, opslag 169.

Regards
Anni

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Mange tak Eva og Anni.  England only has one Miss Marple but Denmark has two.  Now I have traced this family for a woman here in the USA.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

Paul,
One Miss Marple comes from Sweden. Guess who?

Eva M
Eva M

Anni Larsen

Hi Eva.
Could you agree: 1 1/2 miss Marple from Sweden ?
My grandparents were swedish, emigrated abt. 1880 to Denmark.
Regards
Anni

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Eva,

I will give Sweden 1 1-2 Miss Marples.  I have a great grandfather, Joachim Bernhard Smidt, who was born in Helsingor, Sweden on 27 May 1841 and emigrated to Denmark in 1855 or 1856.  I guess he couldn't afford the fare to the US.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Anni Larsen

Sorry to correct you Paul.
Joachim Bernhard Smidt was born in Helsingborg Sweden.
Helsingor is in DK.
Regards
Anni

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Anni,

Just goes to show what happens when your fingers type faster than your brain thinks.  I have been to Helsingør and remember Holger Danske.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Eva Morfiadakis

Paul,

Make it 1.25. I have also some Danish blood. Grandmother's dad was a Dane.
We haven't really been able to solve the mystery with the registerbladet why she is called Rasmussen on a card issued in 1901 when she didn't marry Rasmussen until 1910. The date of the card shall probably be 31/7 1919, i.e. the date when her husband died. Rasmussen's card is now a "dødeblad" and is being kept at Landsarkivet in Copenhagen.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Eva,

No 1.25.  Definitely a 1.5.  I think you are right about the card.  Probably filled out by a clerk who had to much aakavit the night before.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul