Translation please

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 21 Maj 2011 - 05:05

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Would some kind person with better eyes than me please look at the baptism of Helle, 1696 in Hvidbjerg, Morsø Sønder, Thisted, opslag 43 and translate it for me.  Mange tak.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ole Westermann

Hej Paul

Dom: Sexagesima d 16 Febr: Andreas Helle-?
søns och (and) Kirstina Christensdaatters Barn aff (child from)
Østerhvidberg kaldet Helle , baaret aff (carried by)
Velb:* Jomfru (miss, 'virgin') Helvig Ingeborg
   *velbårne= 'well born', a person of a certain rank
Faddere (sponsors)
Michel Pedersø, Michel Michelsøn
Niels Erichsøn, Maren Christersdaat-
ter, Anne Mogensdaatter

Med venlig hilsen
Ole

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thank you so much Ole.  Could I ask one more favor of you.  Would you look at the baptism record of Helle in 1703, Hvidbjerg, Morsø Sønder, Thisted, opslag 50 and see if you can read the names of the parents.  Once again, mange tak.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ole Westermann

The parents are Anders Krogsg(aar)d and Maren Lauritzdatter.
One of the 'faddere' is Anders Hellesen.

mvh Ole

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Ole.  Now to try to find which of the two Helles is the one I am looking for.  I think it is the one born in 1703 because her name is definitely Helle Andersen.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ole Westermann

Well, Paul, you can't be sure. Notice that 'Andreas Hellesen' from 1696 is 'fadder' with his name written 'Anders Hellesen'.
If Helle Andersdatter/Andersen later got some children, maybe the names of her first daughters could tell you about it. They would be given names after their 2 grandmothers (unless their father had a deceased wife).

mvh Ole

Ole Westermann

And I misread the name of Helle's father in 1696. It is Anders Hellesen.
His marriage to Kirsten Christensdatter is in 1688 at opslag 34.

Ole

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ole,

I have been looking for clues in the Hvidbjerg kirkebog and think I have solved the mystery.  Unfortunately the 1683-84 records are missing from AO, but I found this on FS, which probably came from their microfilm.
Maren Lauritsen Ring    Pedigree
     Female         Family

Event(s):
   Birth:
   Christening:     
01 OCT 1661      V Hvidbjerg, , Thisted, Denmark
   Death:
   Burial:

Parents:
     Father:     Laurits Nielsen Ring    Family
     Mother:     Sidsel Nielsen    

Marriages:
     Spouse:     Anders Christensen    Family
     Marriage:     
24 JUN 1683      V Hvidbjerg, , Thisted, Denmark

Maren Lauritzdatter Ring was baptized on 1 Oct 1661 in Hvidbjerg, opslag 9, parents Lauritz Ring and Sidsel Nielsdatter.

At the baptism of three of Anders Christensen Krogsgaard and Maren Lauritzdatter's children one of the witnesses was Niels Lauritzen Ring and Maren was a witness at the baptism of one of Niels Lauritzen Ring's children.

Of the children who I have found in the Hvidbjerg kirkebog, Anders had a Lauritz, a Christen, and Sidsel.

Therefore, I think this proves that the Helle I am searching for is the child of Anders Christensen Krogsgaard and Maren Lauritzdatter Ring.  What do you think, as I value your opinion highly.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Ole Westermann

Hej Paul,

If you are talking about the Helle Andersdatter who marries Søren Nielsen in Hvidbjerg in 1730, I think that you are right about her parents were Anders Krogsgaard & Maren Lauritsdatter. At the baptism of their son Niels in 1731 one of the 'faddere' is Anders Krogsgaard.

Med venlig hilsen
Ole

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Ole,

Once again thank you so much for your expert opinion.

Med venlig hilsen
a grateful Paul